Sunday, December 21, 2008

My last SABG session of the year.

Agricola and Tikal are a few of my favorite games. But of course we did not get to play those.

When I got to Dennis place Scott, Dennis and Travis were playing some Kinizia game that involved making soup. There was some Crokinole played (which I am horrid at. Me and angles are a no go. Or hitting with consistency. Or aiming. And the boss wonders why I refuse to play basketball with them.....) until Chris arrived. And we knew Brian was on his way, so there was some obligatory oh just a few games of race to pass the time. Since that is how we roll. Now I admit to liking race better now that I have played it more, but it is by no means my favorite. Can we see where this is going yet.

So Brian arrives. And despite being the i have played more than anyone else title holder, Chris was not opposed to playing BSG. SInce that is what we do with 6 players. That or celebrities, but that will come later. I was opposed. Especially given the horrid BSG like typo in my exam (thanks for catching that one Amy)

I have to admit my memories of the games are a bit fuzzy. I blame it in newly acquired insomnia and getting no more that 5 hours sleep a night. But I was a failure as a cyclon in the first game, travis was as well. and the sympathizer was useless to us. I am not so good at the tricksey subtly required to be a cylon. Or perhaps I just dont want to be good at it. Somehow Brian was not a cylon as Rosalin. And Dennis, of course, was, since Michael was not there to take the job on for him.

After we got tired of BSG (for me about halfway through the first game) then I got roped into playing the other game that I love oh so much. NOT. Which I was really bad at. I mean who plays a BSG themed celebrities anyways? I dont watch the show. I know maybe 3 character names. And a few descriptors. But the wavey hands in the air thing works well for Boomer. Just saying.

After that things dies down some, and there was some rock band. Which I do enjoy. So my last gaming session of the year wasnt a total waste ;) I kid. it was enjoyable. And the baked goods and home made bread were yummy. And the dog was cute. Oh and I even had some fun gaming. But I wonder if there is a cooperative game that I will ever really love.

Back to cleaning and packing. See you all next year.

10 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, December 21, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I forgot the part where we discussed all the fascinating things that can go wrong with a plane flight. From wind and hail to fires and malfunctions, and pilots who lock themselves out of the cockpit. A nice send off SABG style. Good thing I am not afraid to flying.

 
At 7:09 PM, December 21, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Hooray! Finished Fallout 3 today, though pressing through the final missions with my character, aka Death Incarnate, was pretty anticlimactic. Some pretty cool end game missions were to be had, nonetheless. I may go back and harvest low hanging achievements, but I'm only slightly motivated to do so. I suppose I'll move on to CoD5 next. My new baby-friendly surround sound wireless headphones should be here in a few days.

The new Formula D I received earlier this week has great components. Thoughthammer threw in the pre-order promotional Porsche, which was nice of them.

The Combat Commander: Stalingrad battle pack looks pretty cool, including a linked campaign battle and rules for urban snipers (ala' Enemy at the Gates).

Perhaps this week I'll curl up next to the fire with the BSG rulebook so I can follow all the session reports better...

Happy holidays, everyone!

 
At 8:23 PM, December 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too bad Michael wasn't around.

But I'm sure he's probably had enough Battlestar and is ready for something else.

Plus I saw on XBox that he's playing Guitar Hero now.

Traitor. How do you sleep at night? After how good Rock Band has been to you all these years?

 
At 12:00 PM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Michael said...

Call of Duty: World at War is on sale for 35 bucks at Best Buy this week.

Not loving Guitar Hero. You cannot tell where the hammer ons are nearly as easily as rock band. I don't even want to start about vocals.

Oh and calibration = you type in a number and pray. There is no calibration game.

We have been trying out the instant view on Netflix. I like it.

Oh by the way, how the heck can you guys justify playing celebrities when the biggest proponents were not involved? (I think that would be me and probably Jacqui). This is why I never get to play (oh we just played last week when you were out of town for the first time in six months) grr.

I taught BSG at my FLGS although I clearly screwed up a little bit. I mentioned how revealing yourself was an action, but neglected to mention that was only relevant if you were indeed a cylon. So midway through the game, the guy who I was almost positive was a cylon was like, so I can take an action to reveal? I was like yeah, and he flips over Gaius. Doh. The actual cylon was being very sneaky about it but that gave him away and basically spoiled it for him.

Humans won fairly easily.

 
At 12:06 PM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Especially given the horrid BSG like typo in my exam.

Yes, it was a horrid typo.

AMW: What protein do you study again?
TNJ: vCyclin
AMW: So "vCylon" is wrong then.
TNJ: AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

 
At 12:54 PM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh by the way, how the heck can you guys justify playing celebrities when the biggest proponents were not involved? (I think that would be me and probably Jacqui). This is why I never get to play (oh we just played last week when you were out of town for the first time in six months) grr.

Our way of showing that we miss and appreciate you? :shrugs:

 
At 8:20 PM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Netflix is good. I have it on Tivo as well, but its nicer on the XBox.

Yep, I'm going to focus on CoD:WaW for a bit.

 
At 9:17 PM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Holy cow! There is a new TI:3 FAQ. Pretty esoteric stuff in the new version, but this has come up before and interpreted correctly by us:

Q: Is it possible to control a system that has no planets?
A: Yes, you simply need at least one non-Fighter ship in the
system (and no enemy units).

 
At 10:07 PM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Schifani said...

Flying is easy. Just not much fun. And that includes Gs and formations and aerobatics and all the other things Top Gun lied about.

Tiffany's session reports always brighten things. Especially if you missed that day, much like missing that fresh dog turd through sheer luck.

 
At 10:23 PM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Aww -- how nice. I do like writing session reports.

And if it matters, I made it to NC. They only delayed the flight to Atlanta by an hour, and the flight to Greensboro by an hour, but thats OK.

More session reports in the new year, I am sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home