Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas all SABG


Well I have yet to play a BG with SABGers but as I add to my collection hopefully i can meet up with somepeople to play. I had asked for Ticket to Ride for Christmas and my wife looked all over san antonio for it but wasnt having much luck. Time had already ran out to order anything so she came to me for some more ideas. I asked her if she tried Dragons Lair yet. Being that she works for USAA which is on the same road as DL i figured she could stop in there and pick it up on her way home. Well it turns out she did. And now im really excited to play. Also I have recently picked up an old game of Fortress America if anybody is intrested in playing that. Im also well equiped with a hand painted version of War of the Ring, a variety of Risk games and Axis and Allies just to name a few. If anybody is intrested in meeting up at Dragons Lair one day please dont be shy to shoot me a message and ill bring the games. Look forward to playing some new games with new people.

6 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, December 26, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

Merry Christmas, Joe. I suspect it will be a quiet weekend, but I'll probably be at DLair monday evening (assuming anyone else shows up).

 
At 10:40 AM, December 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should be in for Monday.

 
At 9:41 PM, December 26, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Joe:

You're a gamer after my own heart. My own copy of Fortress America lays neglected beneath three boxes of unopened Heroscape. My Axis and Allies lies dormant for the time being, probably to be retired in favor of the new super version sometime soon. The only War of the Ring I'm playing right now is on a DVD player. I'll be back, but it may be a little while. In the mean time, I'm keeping my gamer brain occupied reading various 50-page card-driven wargame rulebooks (Unhappy King Charles, For the People, Empire of the Sun...).

In the mean time, I think there are quite a few other WotR players around...

 
At 8:38 AM, December 27, 2008, Blogger scott said...

I should be in for Monday. There is even a chance I might get out early and be there before my normal 5:15. Does anybody else think they might get there ahead of 5:15?

 
At 11:41 AM, December 27, 2008, Blogger Carlos said...

Merry Christmas Joe. Hope that ya'll were able to get Ticket to Ride. If not i'm sure that you can get it online somewhere. There was someone else about a week ago also asking about A&A, so I think that if you just put up an offering to play this or any other game that someone will grab at the chance. I know that Fortress America is an old classic but I never did play that one.

 
At 11:21 AM, December 28, 2008, Blogger Ted said...

I owned Fortress America back in the day. If memory serves, there's also a picture of Saddam on the box....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home