Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Good Game of Rail Road Tycoon

Life has gotten hectic with projects at the job and new school activities with the kids. I was finally able to get in a good game of Rail Road Tycoon on Friday with some friends. Mark and I were probably the only ones from the group you would recognize, with the possible exception of my son and my friend Jerry; whom some of you have met on previous occasions.

I really like this game, but I have yet to master it. I tend to play either too aggressively and go crazy with stock, or I play too conservatively and get left behind. Last night I played with the latter loosing strategy. Mark, on the other hand, played well and pulled out waaaay ahead and left us far behind.

I think this game is a true treasure with strategies I have not even started to explore. Last night I played extra badly as I discovered the hard lesson of not having your segments connected. As a result, I never needed to build a locomotive higher than level 3. I had LOTS of cash and nothing to spend it on.

Good, game Mark. Looking forward to playing again.

BTW, I downloaded the blue cities replacements from Eagle Games. I covered the original blue cities (which looked purple) and it made a great difference.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, October 06, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

I should bring Age of Steam to more of our sessions ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home