Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Gaming Recap

Tannhauser (not the Teutonic Order vs. Medieval Poland battle, though that is apparently not believed by all within the SA boardgaming community) was played first. John won as we were all a little unsure of how best to proceed, but next game should be better as we'll be far more informed.

Next was a zombie game, Last Night on Earth. Ben cruised to victory as the cruel overlord/zombie master, while John and I searched for matches to light all the dynamite we found but could never use.

Next was Star Wars Epic Duels. The usual cries of " (Insert name here) is running away with it!" I think John won one as Chad Vader and then I won as Samuel Jackson/Jules the contract killer.

Ben and I got in one last game of CnC: Ancients. I do enjoy Battlelore, but Ben and I discussed how the game play seemed to be comparable to Battlelore with much less effort. Both have their strengths but CnC Ancients supports the viewpoint that less is sometimes more.

I'm planning on a quick early session of War of the Ring with Ben while a repair guy is doing his thing tomorrow morning, then will adjust my DL time around the Texas-OU game. I can't let the Longhorns go into the depths of despair without me in front of the TV holding a lit santos candle.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, October 05, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Hey, cool... we both wrote session reports simultaneously!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home