Tuesday, September 25, 2007

SABG Top 50 List


So, Tom Vasel releases his Top 200 list, while Snoop's Top 100 lists slowly dribble out. I was thinking about making my Top N list, but it would look suspiciously like my BGG rankings. Then I thought, why not do the Top Games for SABG? Here's how it works:
  • Everyone sends me their Top 20 list (ordered)
  • I'll compile it and then post the results

Simple, really. Details:

Your #1 game gets 40 points, each place losing a point and your #20 game gets 21 points. The reason being that a game that appears on two lists should count more than a #1 game (but just barely ... two #1s beat 3 #20s). Twenty Games ensures that we'll probably get fifty games, but if not then I'll trim it down. Feel free to send me any comments along with your votes.

If you don't want to order your games, I'll just give them 30 points each. Twenty titles is a limit, but feel free to send in less.

This is pretty much inspired by Snoop & Mark's "The Hundred," which I commented on extensively last year, and which already had plenty of brownie points before they went and stated the truest facts possible about me.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, September 25, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

Sent. There are some shockers on my list (like celebrities and stage II both made the top 20).

 
At 10:44 PM, September 25, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

What a fantastically fun idea. I'll get on it immediately. Thank you.

 
At 9:21 AM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Indeed... I'm surprised Ben didn't come up with it.

Does my vote count?

 
At 11:26 AM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

Is there a deadline for submission?

I've got some pondering to do.

 
At 12:28 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

what if you arent sure if you have actually played more than 20 games? or only have about 20 played games to reference?

 
At 12:52 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

We can fix that problem, Tiffany.

Come to multiple gaming sessions this weekend and we can get you up to thirty at least.

 
At 1:40 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

There's no real deadline ... I'm going to give it at least a week or two, no rush.

Rob is invited ... basically, if you've shown up to a SABG meeting (or one of the other gatherings away from DLair) you are invited.

I made my list, and there were a few "Hm, perhaps I should have put that" when I saw others lists, but I'm sticking with what I did.

Less than 20 games is fine, of course.

 
At 2:22 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger seanp said...

Hrm. It's tough making lists like this - there are very different games that are popular with me for different reasons, and ranking them is a little like apple & oranges...

I'll try to come up with some...

 
At 2:52 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Are there going to be multiple game sessions this weekend - cause playing lots of games is good, yes? I didnt see a lto of talk about gaming and this weekend, so yes.

 
At 4:59 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

Just sent in my list.

 
At 7:05 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Just sent mine in. And no, I have no idea what's on Jeff's list.

 
At 7:52 PM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

I just invited Tiffany to blog membership status.

 
At 7:57 PM, September 28, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

FYI -- The current status.

I have 10 lists, and I hope/expect to get another 3-5 over the next week or so. There are currently just over 40 games that appear on multiple lists.

 
At 7:21 AM, September 29, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

Looking forward to the compilation. By the way, for the SABBL people, I stumbled across this humorous blog yesterday:

www.firejoemorgan.com

Basically they take bad sportswriting to task in mostly fun ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home