Friday, May 19, 2006

Who wears the pants?

Game night! Michael showed up and we got in a quick game of Roma. Michael got a full board early, but was down to 2VP. His gladiators knocked all of my characters off, leaving me with a forum. Still, he started one turn (and me with 7 VP), so all I needed was a doubles, which would let me steal his last two VP ... but then he played ... the Legat (gain 1 VP for each empty slot). D'oh! Game quickly over.

Simon and Dayna had arrived, so we decided to break out Smarty Party. It's a flawed game, but fun. (If only the question cards were a bit better balanced/researched...). We played a few games, and then it was Marklin, Cash n' Guns, some more Smarty Party, and then the wind down with Geschenkt!.

Signature moment (for me, anyway) . As an unwounded Huggy Bear in the last round, I get all three people pointing at me. (And I wasn't even winning!). I don't withdraw, so that I can at least shoot Simon (who is winning). But no, I get "Bang Bang Bang"ed ... and shot twice more for the elimination! Ah Huggy, we hardly knew ye. Tino (Simon) laughs all the way to the bank.

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, May 20, 2006, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

"If only the questions were a bit better balanced/researched."

Absolutely. As much of a fan of party games as I am, I find this one unplayable because of the nonsensical (and sometimes outright wrong) answers. Even a free pair of rubber pants isn't quite enough to save it.

 
At 10:29 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Can't wait for Cash N Guns to be printed on this side of the "lake".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home