Friday, February 10, 2006

Ode to Thoughthammer


So sometime around Tuesday I'm moping around and I open up an email from Thoughthammer. Good news, they got PitchCar in and they've decided to combine two of my orders and ship all the in-stock stuff at once. They actually took the time to check my outstanding orders and rearrange everything so I could get all the stuff sitting around shipped to me right away, leaving the pre-orders to another separate order! This was even after I hassled them to take out a game I had already purchased and substitute it with another which ended up in a credit to my account.

For these reasons I have decided Thoughthammer is my new best friend (sorry Jon).

So now I propose we kick up the PitchCar league baby! Next Monday at 8:00 ala Dragon’s Lair anyone? The Doom expansion won’t be tabled until I finish painting the new figures (don’t even bring it up, sore spot). The other nearly $300 dollars worth of previously tied up games are mostly two-player. So what’s the word?

6 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, February 10, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I forgot to mention another reason for my recent celebrations. Over at BGG I was recently Avatared!

...now those damn geekbadges are next...

 
At 9:11 AM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

I'm up for Monday. Pitch Car sounds cool. VERY different.

 
At 3:37 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Show us your list of new 2-player games! Count me in for a pitch car league. Both the big and mini versions are on my wish list.

 
At 3:58 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

My entire purchase in no certain order:

Senjutsu (rocks)
Scarab Lords (sucks, sadly)
Mystery Rummy: JtR (good)
Odin's Ravens (very good)
Fearsome Floors (mmm, brains)
Samurai (Euro goodness)
Doom Expansion (looks ridiculously good)
PitchCar (the main event!)
Pitchcar Expansion ('cause you just need a ramp)

Can I bump a thread? I ache for a PitchCar league...

 
At 10:52 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Just start a new thread asking for league signups. Count me in. As soon as I have $100 laying around looking for a job, I'll snag a set of the game as well. I do really want to get the rest of the Duel of Ages expansions first though...

Too bad about Scarab Lords. One more log for the bonfire.

My massive preorder still awaits the War of the Ring expansion... sigh.

 
At 10:14 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

SWEET! Senjutsu. I've always thought about getting it. Actually, there was a cool article on it last year in the same SCRYE magazine where I first read about Puerto Rico. THAT SCRYE issue was what started this addiction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home