Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Off-Topic: Best Non-Board Gaming Podcasts

Off-Topic Warning

Two non-gaming activities taking up a fair amount of my time each week are the daily epic journey to/from Brooks City-Base for work and running. To make both activities more entertaining for my greedy brain cells, I thankfully have an iPod loaded with podcasts. I’m sure everyone’s well aware of all the board gaming podcasts out there, but I thought I’d share a few recommendations for my favorite non-board gaming shows, all available through iTunes:

Channel Frederator: Very entertaining animation shorts; check out the best of 2005 episode for a good sample.

Military History Podcast: Short, capsule summaries of various aspects of military history

Ricky Gervais Podcast: British comedy for fans of The Office television show.

The Instance: A good podcast on World of Warcraft.... must resist...

EarthCore: A science fiction / action / suspense novel recorded in podcast format by the author… sort of like a serial radio drama. A sequel is out now as well.

If anyone has other shows to recommend, please let me know!

4 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Of all of those, Ricky Gervais I listen to. It's freaking hillarious. I'll have to try the others.

 
At 7:21 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Carl Pilkington is the best.

 
At 9:41 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Scottish accents rule. He reminds me of Trainspotting.

 
At 10:30 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I love Monkey News... also the story of how Plato was killed cracked me up the other day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home