Sunday, February 05, 2006

Games swap


I've got a couple of irons in the fire (via BGG). But do other people here have games they are looking for? One thing I noticed some users I'm talking with have pretty nice things for trade, but I don't want them. [I've played them, etc]. Long distance trades also have a problem -- the post office. Bleagh. If I'm just trading games, I can often swap for a wargame or something.

So, does everyone keep their trades/wants up to date on the geek?

By the way, Shanghai Trader (the game pictured above) is simply terrible. And a touch racist, to boot. The canonical story of S. T. goes like this. They explain the rules ... you are trying to leave Shanghai before the British hand it over to the Chinese. But you want to leave rich. There are a ton of rules, lots of crimelord action, etc. After a half hour one player buys a plane ticket and declares he's leaving. Six hours later, he's informed that he won.

6 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

LOL

My want list is pretty much up to date. I don't have a trade list though.

 
At 11:02 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I'm not expecting any interest for these, but here goes:

I'm looking to get rid of Zombies 1, 2, 3, and 3.5 as a bundle if anyone is interested.

Also, Settlers of Cataan the card game is ready to leave my humble abode.

...and I accidently purchased two copies of Dungeon Dice, the board game, on E-Bay, so one of these is ready for trade as well.

 
At 1:16 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Patrick said...

Anyone want a copy of FRAG? Oh god, please say yes.

 
At 2:31 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Maybe we should schedule a game bonfire at some point. My wife is an Aggie, so she should know how to build a good one...

 
At 4:22 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

Too bad I already got rid of Midevil. I think I'd rather be attacked by a wild pack of rabid dogs than play it again. I pity the poor sap who bought it off me on ebay.

Aggie bonfires aren't technically supposed to exist anymore...on campus at least.

 
At 6:46 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Patrick said...

I agree. Trading through the mail is totally not worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home