Friday, July 24, 2009

I Blame Society

...for creating the devilish creation that is eating all my spare time: tower defense games! In particular the best ones I've played are on the iPod Touch (or iPhone). Having such quick fun in a portable gaming device has just burned through practically every lunch hour in the past month. Defender Chronicles is my current favorite, though Sentinel 2 is a close second. Both are highly recommended if you own such a device.

On the PC, I suppose I would pick Antbuster just because its free and ants going after pizza is kind of cool. On the DS, Desktop Tower defense is the best I've found so far.

Any other recommendations?

What else is everyone doing on the periphery of board gaming (where I seem to exist now)? Battlefield 1943 on XBL is a awesome, though I miss all the European theater maps from BF1942. I'm still having fun playing Magic, though its mainly a quick diversion.

Board games I am most anticipating: Hellenes and Middle Earth Quest. You?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, July 24, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

desktop tower defense (by handdrawn games) is best for the browser, that I've played.

 
At 12:27 PM, July 25, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

I know it's the best one for the DS. I do enjoy the high graphics ones with techno music like GeoDefense and Earth Sentinels.

Plants vs Zombies on the PC is awesome.

 
At 2:25 PM, July 28, 2009, Blogger Anne said...

The Fieldrunners game owned my dome for a while. Lately I've been very busy and spare moments are occupied by reading on my Amazon Kindle. Gaming has taken a holiday for me recently. *sigh*. However, this time next week, I'll be arriving in San Antonio, and the "era of getting settled" will begin! Anyone played with the M10 set yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home