Wednesday, September 17, 2008

fantasy/roto/sim/strat sports/sabbl

Ok, I am thinking there is an excellent chance that this post will end up as a mere speed bump but what the heck:
Does anybody have any interest in a fantasy or rotisserie hockey or basketball league since both regular seasons are starting in the not too distant future?
re sabbl
I know the plan is/was to end the SABBL regular season at the end of September and then have the world series at the beginning of October. Pending hearing for sure Chris and Jon and Michael's records and pending any other series that actually get played in the last week and a half of this month; I think that the current top 3 are Chris and myself and Sean's team (probably but not necessarily in that order). Unfortunately, it is looking like there is an excellent chance that I will be unavailable for gaming all of October and the first week in November. Thus, I am wondering if anybody other then me still has any appetite to play any regular season games. If not I am wondering if we might play the SABBL world series yet this month? I am hoping that if that is not feasible and if my team or Sean's or both make the series that the series could wait until I am able to return to gaming after my unfortunately timed upcoming hiatus? Thoughts?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, September 17, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

Well, the RockOrioles are 12-18, so are probably safely out of the chase. I have to play Dennis and Michael to finish the second go around, but if Michael is passing (presumably) just Dennis. I don't have a problem if the World Series is early or delayed.

 
At 9:48 PM, September 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized all my stats were on the computer that died. I still need to go through the box scores and figure out my record. I'll do that this weekend--promise.

 
At 12:15 AM, September 18, 2008, Blogger seanp said...

As much as I enjoy hockey, I don't see fantasy hockey being something I'd be into. There are too many games too often to follow and try to make changes to your lineups. At least football happens within a two day window...

 
At 6:40 PM, September 18, 2008, Blogger scott said...

sean,
there are a lot of hockey leagues with settings where you set your lineup for a week at a time (ie by some time sunday you have to set the line up for monday-following sunday)
thus you would only need to check in weekly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home