Monday, August 04, 2008

Now to get SABG in the Paper....

I made the front page (unnamed runner, left side of pic, below the fold) of the SA Express News today for my other hobby, running. Of course, we ran 18 miles, not the seven listed in the caption, but I was too tired and hungry to talk to the guy with the little notebook at the end.

In more pertinent news, Ticket-to-Ride Europe on the X-Box 360 is great fun! We had a 4-player game last night with Jon, Chris, Steve, and I. Though we couldn't get the chat function to get us all on the same channel, it was as close to an SABG experience I can imagine without driving.

Games also played this weekend at Steve's house: Epic Duels; Nexus Ops; gazing at Here I Stand components and trying to convince Steve it will be fun; lots of C&C: Ancients (after I left); Warriors of God; Star Wars Risk: Trilogy Edition (which actually doesn't suck).

In other news, I keep hoping for Successors to ship this week.... its mid-August, isn't it?

There is a new template on BGG for a dice tower made by cutting and folding a single piece of card stock that I need to try this week. If you can't find, I'll send it to you. With a little photoshoping and a color printer, this could have some real possibilities. Plus, if its unlucky for me, I won't worry about making it pay the ultimate price for disobedience!

Diplomacy is fun. Germany is your friend.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, August 04, 2008, Blogger Carlos said...

Great information, Ben. I did not know that there was a Ticket to Ride for the X-Box. That is probably my family's favorite game.

Two things to note:
1) Is there a feeling in the ranks that Star Wars Risk sucks? (I have never played)

2) Is is ethical to advertise our Diplomacy propaganda in in this forum? ;)

 
At 8:50 PM, August 04, 2008, Blogger Ted said...

"Ethics" and "diplomacy" only belong in the same sentence if "not" also appears.

 
At 10:24 PM, August 04, 2008, Blogger Jeff said...

Star Wars Risk: Clone Wars sucks worse than vanilla Risk.


I haven't played SW R:Trilogy and likely won't because SW R:CW left such a horrible taste in my mouth.

 
At 10:27 PM, August 04, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

SW Trilogy Risk is totally different and totally better than Clone Wars Edition.

 
At 3:42 AM, August 05, 2008, Blogger Travis and Katy said...

While the subject has been breached; how would you guys rank your favorite risk variants? I haven't played the Star Wars, however, I was impressed with the LOTR Trilogy edition for its use of terrain and stronghold bonuses.

 
At 11:27 AM, August 05, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoy LotR Risk, but we probably wouldn't have purchased it if we'd realized that WotR was coming out and how similar they'd be. And I'd rather play WotR over LotR Risk any day, because it's so much more in depth. And much less Risk-like.

It was nice to meet you last night, Travis!

 
At 11:40 AM, August 05, 2008, Blogger Travis and Katy said...

Thank you,

I had a great time last night.

My WoTR should be arriving this week so I may need to schedule a few sessions with the seasoned vets. I know Ben likes to play as well. So whoever doesn't mind trouncing the initiate, I will be ready to play.

 
At 11:13 PM, August 05, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Right now I'd say SW Risk: Trilogy Ed is my favorite, though I do like the themes of Godstorm and 2210 a lot. I haven't played Godstorm yet, but having your dead armies fight it out in Hades seems pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home