Saturday, August 02, 2008

I'm your Huckleberry

Dennis and Scott showed up early for gaming, so we broke out Tombstone Wyatt Earp. I took the early lead, but as the rewards climbed up Scott threatened to swipe a huge bounty by himself ... I managed to pull him down enough to let Dennis steal some of that money, but not enough to benefit myself. However, on the fourth round of varmint-hunting I managed to barely end the game, and while winning! (I almost have 25 plays of Wyatt Earp, which puts it into pretty rarefied territory).

Jon showed up, so we played a few hands of Bridge while waiting for Jacqui to arrive. Then we broke out Puerto Rico. Amazingly (to me), Scott had never played before and Dennis had only played a few times. I've played, uh, more. Discounting my steroid inflated score, Jacqui won. Actually, the game was really close until I got to call the Penultimate Craftsman at a time when it meant that I could monopolize the few remaining tobacco barrels, and swipe half the corn. As Captain had already been called, that set me up for the next round's Captain phase for a sweet score (9 unblockable points).

Then came a close game of Stage II, where Dennis (following the standard Dennis Handicapping rules) failed to win. John also managed to get a category, and not just a Boo-urns one, either.

After that we closed with the federally-mandated game of Race. I think Dennis won. After his loss at Stage II and my loss at Race, we retreated back to our respective bunkers to await Armageddon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, August 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd actually like to play Wyatt Earp sometime. I like the Mystery Rummy series and this is designed by the same guy.

One of my friends mortgaged a purchase of a ranch for Val once and spoke to him by phone to handle all the paperwork. We, of course, asked him the one question that was on all of our minds:

"Did you ask him to say 'I'm your huckleberry?'"

Alas...

 
At 11:24 AM, August 03, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

I don't actually care for the MR series that much (it's OK), but I do like Wyatt Earp from time to time. I also like Dennis's "Play to 30 with 3" rule.

 
At 3:29 PM, August 03, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Ut sounds like ya'll had fun. I am sorry that I couldn't make it. I had more things to finish moving to my new apartment than I thought. But hopefully all the moving is done. Cause two moves in 1 month is a bit much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home