Sunday, April 27, 2008

Around the Horn ... heading for Monday

Sorry I missed Saturday, but I plan on being there tomorrow PM. I've got my copy of Wabash Cannonball, and hopefully I'll remember to bring some games, too. I should be there at 5:30 ish. And now for some baseball.

I hadn't realized it, but my two shortstops (Orlando Cabrera and Edgar Renteria) are feuding. No wonder I'm 4-6. Poor chemistry. And who would have thought the Orioles would be tied for the AL East lead after almost a full month of play? Wow. The Rockies and Oriolies are a combined 14-14, though (which is still better than the RockOrioles). And the most impressive thing I saw yesterday was White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle. Not his ERA (which is over 5 this year, but under 4 for his career, which stritches back to 2000), but the fact that he takes almost no time between pitches. A joy to watch. I couldn't stand Steve Trachsel, though. He's killing the Orioles. And not softly. And not with his song. Although if I had known he was going to be yanked after 3IP, I might have kept watching. (3 IP, 5H, 5ER, 5BB, 2K, 1HR, 19 TBF).

All of which reminds me that I still need to finish my series with Michael. And that I have a lineup of 5 Steve Trachsels. Sigh.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, April 27, 2008, Blogger scott said...

I and my MarlinCubs are at 6-6 and looking for Michael and Sean so I can finish up my first trip through the league; however I understand Michael to be unavailable for the next week or two; and I will not be able to make Monday night; but on the bright side I confirmed that both of the vintage strat sets that i own did in fact have buried within their boxes the superadvanced rules and charts; and my free strat sportingnews teams are doing well.

 
At 1:54 PM, April 27, 2008, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

My team, the Leftorium, is 4-5, thanks to my 3-5 starters making up for my horrendous "aces", Lackey and Sabathia (combined 0-3 with 12+ ERA in four starts). And Todd "Time to Double" Helton has a nine-game hitting streak still going. I still need to play Michael, Jon, and Sean.

I'm in for Monday, whether for baseball or otherwise. As Jeff said, starting now you can't get rid of me.

 
At 9:34 PM, April 27, 2008, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

Looks like I can make it Monday, not sure exactly what time.

Dennis, I would be interested in playing a series verse you.

 
At 10:47 PM, April 27, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

I am considering making an appearance if anyone is going to play something other than baseball.

 
At 10:52 PM, April 27, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I will totally play something that isnt baseball. And I don't care what. Just not baseball.

 
At 2:08 AM, April 28, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Sean are you going?

 
At 6:28 AM, April 28, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Hooray, Tiffany! I'll probably be there around 5-ish. Perhaps we can de-baseball a few others as well.

 
At 8:49 AM, April 28, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

We have a reception for the directior of the building from 4:30-6:30. so i plan on sneaking away about 5:15-5:30 or so. I might bring a few things as well. And Hera and Zeus, Zeus and Hera, whatever order that is in Though I am not totally familiar with it yet.

 
At 9:59 AM, April 28, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

I own Hera and Zeus and have played quite a few times with my wife. I can teach after a quick rules review. Its Stratego with lots of Greek mythos theme.

 
At 12:50 PM, April 28, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home