Monday, April 21, 2008

When Hell Is Full, The Dead Will Walk The Earth...

To drum up a bit more support for Urban Dead, I present the following mini session report detailing the miserable exploits of SABG Vs the rotting, wretched hordes:


I was airlifted into Malton about two weeks back into the relatively pristine country club of a suburb, East Greyside. My plan was to travel south and meet up with the group I had joined under who were veterans to the game and quite well stocked, holed up inside a mall paradise of over 300 survivors. What could go wrong?

Cabin fever had drawn one of them to madness and he began indiscriminately killing off the higher leadership. This launched the group into a civil war of sorts and I was forced to stick to the nearby hospitals, gathering experience sewing up nasty zed bites found on hapless, wandering victims.

Ben, Sean, and Travis dropped into the city some time later scattered to the winds. In their attempt to meet up with me, Ben and Travis fell to the dead. Rob later joined and suffered the same fate. Fortunately there are means to reverse the effects of zombieism given the right equipment. Upon shaping up a new plan to meet at another mall nearby, things took a turn for the worst. Our target suburb became overrun and I was forced to flee. Death cultists began over-barricading buildings leaving survivors without the "free running" skill to fend for themselves in the streets. A wave of PKing serial killers took out lone survivors and generators at the NT towers and hospitals cutting off valuable means of healing and shelter. The s@#t hit the fan so to speak…


This leaves us at our current predicament. Chris has vowed his allegiance to our cause and I have pleaded sanctuary with my initial group having now exiled the crazed members of their guild. We’re traveling far to the (redacted) to the suburb of (redacted) to meet up with them now. Most of us are traveling alone, living off luck and intuition. If you want to join this crazy mess and help us survive, leave a comment and see my initial post here to get started:
Do The Shuffle!

(Also to current UD players, do not post any sensitive information that gives away locations, inventories, etc. The zombie spies scour our networks to help their undead masters)

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, April 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to confess the beginning signs of addiction as well. I have started checking in a couple of times a day. I can't wait to meet up with you guys at [redacted]. I'm getting closer (1 suburb away) and I'm alive again, so we need to pick a place and let me know by email.

 
At 5:29 PM, April 21, 2008, Blogger Simon said...

Oh crap, I think I just killed myself. I wasn't paying attention to my Ap when I made a revive. I am now asleep in the middle of the street.

Well, looks like I might see my first death here soon.

Oops.

 
At 8:34 PM, April 21, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I am still on the fence about wanting to do this. Something else to avoid doing work with at work is good -- but 2 concurrent spielbyweb games and the UD thing might be a bit much. I dunno......

 
At 10:30 PM, April 21, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

I think Robkage, the NT tech, has better chances of meeting you guys at (redacted). Plus he now has a (unspecified weapon) to help him out offensively. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm getting a better hang of the
'pacing of action points', so that I don't end up dying 4 times in 4 days (like Robcage with a 'c').

 
At 1:59 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Raab said...

so, im interested in this and my question to you is ... what kinda class would you need to round out the group?

 
At 2:17 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Raab said...

Never mind. I am in, and started up as a firefighter. I recall reading that the best weapon for a zombie attack is a machete - it doesnt require reloading. So, a firemans axe will suffice. Let me know where to meet you.

 
At 10:05 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Simon said...

Classes don't really matter too much in Urban Dead since no skill sets are class-specific or locked out. Cross class skills just cost a little extra XP to purchase. Make sure you get "Free Running" as your first buy NO MATTER WHAT. It is vitally important strategy wise.

By the way, malls are awesone. The search odds seem to be twice as good as normal buildings like hospitals and police departments. If you have "Shopping" and "Bargain Hunting" you can practically name the item you want to get and have a 50/50 shot at success. That's crazy. Crazy awesome.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting combat skills for a looong time. Healing/reviving is such an XP goldmine.

 
At 4:44 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Raab said...

nice. Shoot me an email with a destination and i will work on getting there once i get the xp to get my free running. FR is dumb though. I'd prefer parkour instead but people equate them to be the same thing...

 
At 5:34 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Simon said...

Le Parkour is different from free running?

News to me...

 
At 9:14 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

Parkour sounds way cooler.

 
At 10:01 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Simon said...

The french are never cool.

By the way, I would like to share a game related page that I found to be quite gut-bustingly hilarious:
http://tinyurl.com/3oo6qt

Sweet Zombie Jesus!

 
At 11:12 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Raab said...

Parcour is efficient.
Free-Running is flamboyant.
Its subtle, but basically, flips and spins and cartwheels for no reason are stupid and burn energy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour#Free_running

 

Post a Comment

<< Home