Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monday Night Exploits

So I suppose I shall do this -- since I seem to do a lot of these recently.

I arrived in the 6 or so ish hour to see Brian, Chris and either Travis or Rob playing Glory to Rome. My memory fails me. I apologize. By the end of the game I do know that Rob, Travis, Sean, me, Brian and Chris were present. And we settled down for a game of Bang. Jon arrived during the game of Bang, and Rob did an amazing job as sherrif considering Sean accidentally dealt out four outlaw, one deputy and one renegade cards to assist the sheriff's in his exploits. Once the 'final' outlaw was eliminated we called it, only to find out that I was an outlaw, and I was alive.

So Sean, who was playing baseball with Chris, was given a little bit of a hard time.

And then Brian, Rob, Robs friend Roli(sp?), Travis, and I played Vegas Showdown. Brian ran away with it.

Jon watched the baseball while we played, then Jon and Chris left. And I darted back to work for about 30 min to go play with fluorescence.

When I arrived back at DL, Brian, Sean, Rob and Travis were playing Power Grid, the Italy map. So I watched that.

And then people dispersed and Sean and I played Mr. Jack. I forget how much I like that game. Until I play it again. Sean won both rounds, and I will blame my failure on the observer that we had. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Then Sean and I left, and I went to the gym to play with the elliptical machine of death and bronchiospasms. And that is my account of the Monday night evening of gaming, avoidance and stress relief. No one died. Which is an accomplishment, though the elliptical almost got the better of me. Maybe now that I am exhausted and got some gaming in, tomorrow will be a good day.

4 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I forgot, somehow, that we played Category Five. And I managed to accumulate ~28 points per round wiht a stdev of 1 or so. Fantastic consistency, not so good for wining.

 
At 9:57 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Simon said...

Elliptical machines are evil.

 
At 11:27 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Or winning, but good for whining. I wasn't sure which direction you were going with that.

I was putting up a pretty decent fight in Power Grid, until the fateful Green Power Plant - I was eye-ing Brian's plants, and saw that if he (choosing fourth) could swing a decent 5 or 6 city-powering-plant he'd have a stab at jumping to enough cities to win the game on the next turn. I was bidding first, and decided to be tricksy, starting a bid on a plant to get one of Raab or Travis to pick it up - but it got passed right around. So I pay 30+ dollars to replace a powers-four plant (with two turns of resources already purchased for it) with a powers-four plant with wind power. Which I had to replace two turns later to have even a shot at winning, which wasn't near enough. I'm not saying I would have won had I not shot myself in the foot so spectacularly, but it would have been at least a contest. I was fuming about it in my head for the rest of the night... and today apparently!

 
At 11:38 AM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

winning or whining. Either works. I just say the game was broken. Very broken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home