Monday, May 22, 2006

Memorial Day, Mon May 29

There's been lots of talk about a possible "big game" played on Memorial Day. My wife has recently blessed M-day gaming by talking about going to the sales with a friend of hers.

Brian has offered Sword of Rome (up to 4 players). We might be able to cajole him into 7 Ages (up to 7 players) if there's a lot of interest. Ben offered TI:3 (up to 6 players). I have no big multi-players, but EastFront & Pacfic Victory are nice and long. 7 Ages has the advantage that it can handle people dropping in and out of play.

Let's tentatively say we will play 10a to 10p M-day with breaks for food.

Some planning questions:

-- where? Is DL open? I would offer my place, but we won't be ready yet.
-- who? We need a reasonable committment. We understand about emergencies and priorities, but if you suddenly drop out of the game cuz you just remembered about re-runs of Bewitched, we will [insert ominous threat] to you.

As of today, I think I am available for that time slot. Both Sword and 7 Ages sound great to me. I give 7 Ages the edge only because it's a bit more flexible for people.

tmk

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

My office is closed for Memorial day, so I could be ther eall day.

Also, I am very interested in playing Sword of Rome.

 
At 7:36 AM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I am not yet sure how much of Monday I can dedicate to non-family fun. I'm hopeful I can be there most of the day and evening. If I can make it, please put me down for Sword of Rome!

I should have a better idea by the end of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home