Sunday, November 20, 2005

Descent: Journeys into Home Improvement

So there I was... minding my own business... playing with Descent; dutifully punching pieces; checking out all the cool treasure cards; putting the huge monster figures together; and excitedly reading all the rules, when I hear a huge "BOOM" like a cannon going off!

After I convinced my skeleton to run back from down the street and jump back in my body, I went outside to see a gas vent cover from my roof laying at the edge of my driveway about 20 yards from my house, totally bent in, hot, and smoking. Yikes! Needless to say, a repairman was quickly summoned.

The repairman had me climb on the roof and reattach the vent cover while he tried to see what happened. Five minutes later, "BOOM," the poor gas vent cover that never hurt anyone in his whole life was again launched to the end of my driveway. Well, apparently the guys who put our ultra modern, high efficiency furnace in this summer forgot the critical step of making sure there were no gas leaks....

So, returning to my peaceful toying with Descent, I reflected that Varikas the Dead and I almost had more in common than I would have preferred!

3 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

Funny, but scary. That is the kind of thing I think about when I go up to the attic to muck around with my furnace....gas leak?

 
At 3:30 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Be sure to click on Varikas' picture. I made an extra big scan of his player card. He's my favorite character in both Descent and Runebound... God, I'm a geek...

 
At 8:10 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

aren't we all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home