Thursday, November 17, 2005

After Action Report, 16 Nov 2005

Attendees: Amy, Jeff, Ben, Kendahl

Games Played:
  • Modern Art: My first time playing the game, which I tremendously enjoyed. I loved the psychological aspects of the game, while also enjoying the need to keep an internal profit/loss projection meter running in my brain. Based on my performance, my meter needs a bit of calibrating. Kendahl kept quiet, buying very little and selling a lot at huge profits as the rest of us perhaps overbid just a bit.
  • Colossal Arena: I took great pleasure in killing the Unicorn with a zero-strength Serpent card. Take that! Alas, both Kendahl and I didn't count on Amy using the Ettin's double play power towards the end of the first round, and we missed out on making secret bets. Kendahl again pulled out a victory, using the Cyclop's "bloody blow" power to much effect throughout the game.
  • Fearsome Floors: Oh, victory was so near I could actually taste it... but no! As two of my Adams family members were rushing towards the exit, Kendahl sacrificed one of his team in order to turn the monster on mine, killing them within mere steps of victory. After cursing the injustice of it all, I guided my remaining guy, Uncle Fester, back across the board. Again, victory was in range. But no again! Careful play by Amy kept me from positioning my man in range of the exist before hers could make the final dash. A close, well-played game by all.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

The first activation of the unicorn's power was the signal to me that his time to die had come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home