Thursday, November 17, 2005

Riddler: Turkey Weekend


Okay... looking at the table below I'm a little concerned... it looks like the group is splitting down the middle as to who can play Friday and who can play Saturday. Maybe two separate game groups that weekend will work best. Also, I'm sensing perhaps just a tad less than wild enthusiasm about spending a whole day on Twilight Imperium 3.

I can realistically play on one day or the other. Friday's much better for me just because its a work holiday and my wife is working, so there's zero scheduling conflict with family activity. So, I guess what we really need to know is:

1. Are you definitely committed to showing up on one of those particular days? Which day?

2. What do you feel like playing? One big, long game? Lots of shorter games? Any particluar game(s)?

5 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

Friday: I could play between 1-6pm

saturday: Any time

My vote: One big ass game. TI3 or conquest, or anything else. TI3 preferred. We can play "regular" games anytime... that is the weekend to play one loong game.

 
At 7:13 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

I think I can make Saturday work... I too like the "one big ass game" approach, and TI:3 is my vote as well. Descent or Conquest are close seconds...

 
At 9:29 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Jeff said...

As mentioned before, Amy and I can only make it on Thanksgiving Friday. I want to learn to play TI3, but I'm not sure I want to spend my holiday weekend learning a complex game. I read the rules to Descent last night and it looks like a game that can be explained in 10 minutes, so I'm thinking that would be my vote for a marathon game, but when you get down to it, I'll play whatever I can. Addiction is so sad....

 
At 10:06 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Kendahl: you're a stateman and a scholar. Great idea! Why don't we do a shorter open gaming session on Friday, say 1200-1600?

Both Descent and TI:3 are actually pretty easy games, they just take a while to play (like Axis and Allies). I think Descent's much shorter than TI:3, but still in the 3-4 hour time frame. Neither has the short, refined elegance of a eurogame, but each is huge box just exploding with theme.

I'm probably going to mess around with Descent this weekend just to make I've got the rules straight in case it ends up on the table sometime soon...

 
At 1:16 AM, November 19, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

The friday/sat thing sounds good. Very diplomatic. I probably wouldn't make it to Friday's seesion, but we'll see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home