Tuesday, February 15, 2011

War Never Changes...


Steam holiday sales are fun. I blow $2-$10 dollars on a game I am somewhat interested in or perhaps played to death 10 years ago, just to lock it in as part of the library. Occassionally I get around to actually firing these games up and playing them.

Last night I finally did so with DEFCON. Wow! If you've watched the 80's film Wargames or perhaps remember the scenes in Dr. Strangelove involving the "Big Board," then you have the concept of the game. Essentially 1-6 players gather to fight WW3, nuclear style, at the strategic level. There are several game modes, some adding diplomacy and different scoring modes (kill the most, save the most, etc.).

Anyway.... DEFCON: $10 very well spent. I highly recommend it. Shall we play a game? Post a comment here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, February 15, 2011, Blogger scott said...

i picked it up but have yet to find the time and motivation to play it...

 
At 9:26 PM, February 15, 2011, Blogger Ben said...

Scott... Just launch and play the tutorial. It's good stuff! If after doing so you feel the same way, shoot me a note and we can set up a game. I'll even be the evil Red guys if you wish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home