Thursday, January 20, 2011

Incoming!

The year 2010 is now long gone. Long live 2011! It's now time to start focusing on a fresh crop of new games to fill our ever dwindling closet space. One of my little mental diversions is to continually polish my shopping cart at the on-line deep-discount retailer du jour (Coolstuffinc at the moment). I add games, think about them, remove them, add them back in, etc., and eventually gather enough momentum to pull the trigger.

Here is what is currently bouncing around the cart:

  • Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game - Essentially the sequel to last year's Castle Ravenloft game. I'm a sucker for big plastic, Ameritrash, dungeon crawls, especially ones that don't take 8 hours and leave everyone at the table angry (I'm looking at you, Descent!).
  • Thunderstone: Dragonspire - Because the thousand card sleeves this game has already consumed is not yet enough. I'm not yet convinced this is actually a good game system, and I dislike the setup and shuffling, but I find the actual gameplay exciting and rewarding.
  • Cosmic Encounter: Cosmic Conflict - An expansion for the best game I never play. More aliens, including some that have decades of playtesting behind them is a good thing. Perhaps I'll show up one Monday with this in tow.

So... what is on your wish list?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, January 24, 2011, Blogger Mark said...

I'm curious about Hornet Leader. I'd like to hear your thoughts once you get that one to the table.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home