Saturday, October 09, 2010

Back to Essen

Well... it now appears about 95% likely I'll be there again this year, though unlike the photo above the Essen I remember was dark gray and full of rain. I managed to hornswoggle a business trip to Europe during exactly the right time to enable me a day at the Con. Still, getting there will involve 3.5 hours each way on a train and a very long day.

Worth it? We'll see. Last time I finessed my way into the Con during dealer-only set up day (Wednesday) and snarfed up all the good stuff before it was tainted by the masses. This year I'll be there on Friday, which I remember as being akin to Mortal Kombat (with wall-to-wall German chain smokers in your face)!

If I see any good free stuff I can get extra copies of, I'll definitely do so.

In other related news, Master Persuader Michael seems to have sucked me back into something I swore I had forever forsaken: WoW.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, October 10, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

Friday's not so bad. Saturday now, och! People out of work/school. (Unless Friday is a holiday in Germany, which may be the case).

 
At 3:00 PM, October 11, 2010, Blogger seanp said...

If there's any way to find one of the cool Power Grid cards they give away at Essen, I'd owe you big...

I'd beg for the Powerboats mini expansion, but it looks like Cwali is only giving it away as a bonus with purchase...

 
At 5:27 AM, October 12, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

I will pick up as many Power Grid goodies as they allow (for auction fodder if nothing else). The 2F booth was swamped last time, but it will be one of my first stops.

Any other special requests? I won't have room for games, but I'm always happy to snag the bonus stuff.

 
At 1:23 PM, October 12, 2010, Blogger Anne said...

I'm sorry to hear about being hoovered back into WoW. My rpg group just lost one of our GMs to the game as he got sucked into the vortex. It's sad to watch people getting sucked into the Matrix.

Have fun at Essen!

 
At 1:39 PM, October 12, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

I will be getting into Star Wars the old republic. ANd I have to admit that Guild Wars 2 is sounding pretty great.

 
At 7:48 PM, October 12, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

Right now its a dead heat between my new Kindle and WoW. At least with the Kindle I have significantly less of the "I just wasted a measurable chunk of my life" feeling... at least if I'm reading Dickens or even Dick instead of George R. R. Martin.

Yes, I'm only playing WoW to kill time until the Star Wars MMO comes out.

I should like the LotR MMO, because its free and LotR... but for some reason it seems kind of lame.

Okay... off to drop $150 at bahn.de....

 
At 2:35 PM, October 13, 2010, Blogger seanp said...

Ben - shoot me your email on BGG -- I've got something you might like for your Kindle...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home