Friday, August 27, 2010

Persistence Against Consistency

Another two weeks of daily Angband; an other level 30 Dwarf Fighter slain by a basilisk. This game will at some point cause my brain to explode. Anyhow, back to Level 1.

In more happy news, I did just order a pile of games:

Thunderstone plus expansion: Yes, I'm late to the game, but I was finally persuaded by marketing.

Axis and Allies: Europe 1940: Because I've gotta catch 'em all.

Bang: Wild West Show: Because I needed more reason to de-shrink Bang: The Bullet.

Arkham: Lurker on the Threshold. Because the game is not yet large and complicated enough.

Perry Rhodan: The Cosmic League: Because I don't yet have the stones to unshrink my mint copy of Merchant of Venus.

Carson City: In celebration of finally completing Red Dead Redemption

Heroscape D2: Again, gotta catch 'em all.

Talisman: Highland: I like my expansion boards to be symmetrical, so I have at least two more to go after this.

PC Gaming: I picked up Mount and Blade: Warband off this weekend's Steam sale.

Adios for now!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, August 29, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

I dusted off Nethack based on this, but I rarely live past 1000 steps (10 minutes or so). No exception so far.

 
At 2:52 PM, August 29, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

I've never tried Nethack. Its the one where you have a pack mule, right?

My favorite "easy" rogue-like at the moment is still DoomRL.

I may give Nethack a shot after this next Angband character gets caught in the "I regret nothing" mousetrap.

 
At 4:15 PM, August 29, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

No ... Knights get a horse, but otherwise you normally get a cat or dog.

 
At 5:22 PM, August 29, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

Level 1 Find a scroll, may as well read it. "You have found a scroll of genocide. What species would you like to kill?" Hm, the soldier ants are usually really annoying around level 10 (since there are packs of a zillion)...

"Soldier Ants."

"Summoning soldier ants."

Brian the Orc died on level one, killed by 7 soldier ants (but really by a cursed scroll of genocide).

My next game was one of my better ones. But then I got hit with hallucinations ...

 
At 7:07 PM, August 29, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

Never bring a cat to a knife fight.

In unrelated news, Netflix now comes on the Ipod Touch and IPhone. This could be the death of bathroom reading worldwide.

 
At 8:06 AM, August 30, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

Yep. Got the app. Works like a charm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home