Saturday, August 14, 2010

WBC

Yeah, I know it's not for everyone, but having gone for 20 years, and meeting and making friends with a lot of great people, it's worth going for me.

On the pleasant side, I won the Automobile tournament, which was an absolute brain drain, and I'm still amazed at the flexibilty the game has.

On the funny side, I thought having to travel by plane, I'd not be buying a lot of stuff at the dealers room. Wrong. Wound up bringing home about 8 new games. Fortunately, I've got someone who is sending me the excess games home.

8 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, August 14, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

Someday I'll go. I'm really interested.

and Automobile, I like a lot.

What games did you pick up?

 
At 10:00 PM, August 14, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

Congratulations on the win!

I dream of doing the full WBC thing, including pre-cons, someday. For now, the WBC PBEM tourneys are good fun.

 
At 11:42 AM, August 15, 2010, Blogger Andrew Maly said...

Founding Fathers
Bohnanza (thanks Dory)
Perry Rhodan

Tarleton's Quarter
Beda Fomm
Chickamauga (DG reprint)
Operations Special Issue #3
King Phillip's War

Now suffering from the too many games syndrome... There is no cure.

Of those, I've gotten to play Founding Fathers, like it, want to play again; Bohnanza, six player and everyone liked it. Amazing the size of the bean fields you can get with that many players. Perry Rhodan - very nice addition to the 2 player Kosmos line. Really need to study the cards. Read KPW, and that seems pretty easy, straight forward.

 
At 7:02 PM, August 15, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

I really want to try PR. Not familiar with the other wargames.

 
At 10:54 PM, August 15, 2010, Blogger Andrew Maly said...

I'll drag it to the Lair.

 
At 10:16 AM, August 16, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

Well, I'm out with a newborn, but I'll be back soon.

 
At 9:05 PM, August 18, 2010, Blogger Andrew Maly said...

Congrats on the new one. Your first?

 
At 9:54 AM, August 19, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

yessir

 

Post a Comment

<< Home