Sunday, June 22, 2008

Monday Gaming, and TaoCon


Another Monday, another fun filled afternoon/evening of gaming at the Lair ... or will it be? Who knows? I'll probably be there around 5-5:30pm-ish.

And since Rob asked about SABGCon ... well, I don't know about that, but Jacqui and I will host a mini-convention the July 4th weekend at our house. We'll have our kids there (and chances are they'll be involved), but it's a general open house of gaming weekend if anyone is interested. We'll go from 9am until whenever each night, although Sunday will probably end by dinner time (if anyone is still here).

We'll have details as we get closer, but post general interest notes in the comments. If we get a bunch of "I'm in, but not for this time" then we may have an official break (i.e., if you stop by at that time we might be out).

And I've got a fair number of Top 20 lists, but you've still got time.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, June 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hopeful for tomorrow, but tomorrow is one of those funny "homework" days that keeps popping up. I'm going to try and get most of it done tomorrow during the daytime. If I can make it it'll be 5-530 as well.

I'm really looking forward to the group's top 20+ list. I hope people take time to submit a few games, even if they don't have 20 favorites.

 
At 12:07 AM, June 23, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Monday: No.
July 4th weekend marathon: Yes for some of it. How much. Not certain yet. We shall see about the exam and the work and how much free time I can rearrange.

 
At 12:20 AM, June 23, 2008, Blogger Schifani said...

As long as AAU basketball goes on, I won't make Mondays, but Chris and I did manange to play two epic games of Battlelore today to a split decision. We played the scenario with the hill giant twice. The first game he splatted anything near him...the next game, one hit, one blue helmet, end of giant. A pretty good game mechanic that keeps up the suspense.

Battlelore is a fine game, but one of its main drawbacks is setting up. Even replaying the same scenario requires reorganizing all the card decks. Still, I'll be glad when they introduce heroic personalities.

 
At 1:04 PM, June 23, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I should submit a list. I might make it today.

 
At 2:03 PM, June 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, homework progress is looking good. I'll definitely be there by 5 if not a bit earlier.

Looking at last year's Top 50+ list reminds me of some of the games I have never played and want to try:

Tigris and Euphrates
Modern Art
Ra
Caylus
Age of Steam
Yspahan
Vegas Showdown

Now, I don't own any of these, but if anyone that comes on Mondays owns any of these and is looking for future bag-packing ideas, well, here you go.

 
At 2:55 PM, June 23, 2008, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

Brian, I'll submit a list when I get back home, should be by Sunday.

 
At 7:02 PM, June 23, 2008, Blogger scott said...

starting July 7 or july 14 I might actually be able to start making some Monday's but tonight and next Monday appear to be pretty solid no's. I do intend to put in a top 20 list but not sure if it will be tonight or ???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home