Tuesday, June 17, 2008

High praise for Warriors of God


Warriors of God covers the 100 years war between France and England at a strategic level (see map at left). This period is the same one covered by BattleLore, though BL is a tactical, battle level game. Many people think this conflict defines medieval warfare. This game has been getting a good bit of buzz, and now there's a rave review.

link

As another contender in the light wargame category, this game has my attention. The wargamers who grew up in the 70s and 80s now have jobs and kids, both of which eat away at free time (I resemble that remark...), so I expect this game niche to continue to see new entries.

There's probably a cool way to incorporate BattleLore as a battle system for this game. Would be a cool thing to do during a con over a weekend.

When is the first SABG con again?


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, June 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks pretty nice. As Ben and Steve can tell you, I was looking for a game that addresses medieval conflict and this might be a great one to play. Count me in--I'll give it a try sometime.

 
At 12:45 AM, June 18, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

NO! My eyes! I knew I shouldn't have read about it. Now I'm interested. I've been trying to avoid new wargames given my conundrum (hard to play them in my neck of the woods). It sounds extremely interesting... as simple and interesting as HotS.

 
At 7:29 AM, June 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of Hammer of the Scots when I saw this, too...must be the map.

 
At 8:25 AM, June 18, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

That, and the fact that you are abstracting a LOT of things, which simplifies rules, but still provides ample strategic options (that's kind of the conclusion I drew from the review).

 
At 9:08 AM, June 18, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

You know, that review gets me fired up to play a (slow, PBEM) game of Blood Royale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home