Final SABBL Rules answer, questions
After our practice games, and thinking about things, I looked up a few rules.
1) The chart that Dennis mentions on the SA charts is minimum rest required for STARTERS only, not relievers. (Basically, if you don't have a * and go 6-9 innings, four days of rest. 5 innings requires 3 days rest). Relievers follow the same basic rules (two days on, then off). The most innings a relief pitcher can be used is POW + 2. (So a (1) reliever must exit after 9 outs). We need to clarify how we are working that. I think "2 consecutive reliefs of any length require a rest, and any long relief requires a rest". Long can be defined how we like, but I think it should be 6+ outs.
2) According to 27.62, you can use a starter as a reliever, but he's instantly vulnerable. (POW rating of 1).
3) I'm not completely hosed at Outfield ... moving OFs around just causes a range penalty. 25.21.
4) Remember to use the Super Advanced Cutoff rules. Among other things, this means that with a runner on first, a DOUBLE (no star) results could have the lead runner try to take home and the trail runner taking third (and being thrown out if the other manager decides to concede the run). Follow those flowcharts carefully.
5) As we decided after the draft, on an injury an OK result remains (Stay in game). A REM or 1 game miss turns into "Miss current game." Miss 2-3 games turns into "out this game and the next (if in the same series)" And Miss 4+ turns into "Miss the remainder of this series." This is a slight change from what we discussed early.
5) VARIANT Proposal (post draft). Just to make things interesting I think any of the "e0" people should be assumed to have a basic error (E1) result on a 3 or 18. (About 1% per check).
I think that's all.