Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Coming Week

After a week competing for the title of most lame member of SABG, I expect next week to be a major week of gaming activity for me. Here's my agenda:

Monday: I can be at Dragon's Lair starting as early as 2:30 PM. Who is going to join me? Worst case, we can try out 1960, Duel in the Dark, or even 2-player Race for the Galaxy, though it seems like 2-player would be quite different than the base game.

Tuesday: Our old pal Kendahl, one of the SABG founding members, will be in town for work, so I'm meeting him Tuesday evening for a couple hours of gaming. The more the merrier!

Friday: I'm hoping to have Hannibal in hand by then, so perhaps someone would be interested in a game on Friday late afternoon/early evening? Perhaps starting at 4 PM or so?

All in all, it shouldn't be a bad run-up for the extravaganza that will be BGG.con the following week.

PS: Anyone else have November 12th as a holiday?

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, November 03, 2007, Blogger jbarreto said...

I can stop by on Monday at DL. Don't know a lot of the games you mentioned but they sound interesting.

 
At 6:20 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

As I said, I'll be there monday (at 6-7) and perhaps Tuesday (ditto).

 
At 7:04 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Ted said...

I would like to see Kendahl. I have clearance for some game time Tues night, but that will mean I have to skip Mon night.

 
At 8:38 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

I could show up early Ben. Thats actually preferable since we get to beat some of that fun traffic.

Zhi called me today and I think he can make it after he finishes work.

 
At 8:57 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

I'll be at Dragon's Lair around 6pm. I can't make Tuesday, and Nov. 12th is not a holiday for me.

I'll be bringing Game of Thrones stuff, as I've had a craving for that lately, but I assume Essen stuff will get primary attention. Wouldn't mind trying either Galaxy game (Race or Trucker).

 
At 11:29 PM, November 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Race for the Galaxy Trucker...hmmm. I did like the quote in the title of a Galaxy Trucker post on BGG: "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought." When thinking about the way the ships look in GT, it's awfully appropriate (especially when a meteor cleaves Michael's ship in half).

Ben can you make it any earlier on Monday? I'll be free probably about 1pm. I'll be working for 30 hrs in a row by that point, so we'll see how long I hold up. I could go sleep, but I want to play some more games.

 
At 5:38 AM, November 04, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

I can be there at 1PM, Chris. I will have to leave around 4:15PM to attend a class, then I'll return for a couple more hours around 6:45PM.

 
At 5:39 AM, November 04, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

If you had a lack of PvP in the game, then I suspect you didn't have Shadows of War shuffled into your WoW game. The first expansion dials up interaction and PvP quite a bit, as well as giving a good reason for killing blue monsters.

 
At 11:17 PM, November 04, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

Just posting to verify that I indeed plan to show up around 1pm as well.

 
At 5:43 AM, November 05, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

See you at 1300 hours!

 
At 10:19 AM, November 05, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

I'm up for Friday Evening, but I'm restricted to home. (Ditto Saturday).

 
At 1:09 PM, November 05, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I might be able to come tonight. Depends how the lack of sleep on the weekend effect the energy levels. If not tonight then maybe something Friday or Saturday could work.

 
At 6:33 PM, November 05, 2007, Blogger scott said...

up for friday, saturday, sunday, monday; just about anytime the next two weeks starting friday or at least wednesday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home