Monday, October 22, 2007

BGG con....watcha playing?



Judging from last year, I much prefer to wander aimlessly until I find a spot for a game that I'm interested in (which is truly not hard to do at all), than to formally commit to a gaming schedule (like they are trying to do here).


Now, knowing that this year I'm getting there on Wed afternoon, I am seriously considering scheduling at least 1 beast. But immediately 2 questions came to mind:


1. What day am I willing to sacrifice to this beast? Thursday? Will probably focus on the new Essen hits. Friday? I think they have some of the special stuff (game shows, puzzlehunt etc) that day. Saturday? Really? the last day? hmmm... maybe


2. Then of course, WHICH GAME? It has to be something that I haven't played or at least not to completion. A few games come to mind: Europe Engulfed, Here I stand (full campaign), Barbarossa to Berlin, EUROFRONT 2. Other beasts that are played in less time are tempting me (Die Macher, Roads and Boats, West Front2 etc), but I have either played them in the past or can probably schedule those more easily. So it's probably going to be one of the previous..... with a STRONG preference for Here I Stand.


Would any other con goers be interested in a FULL CAMPAIGN of HIS.....or any of the other preferred beasts? Then, what day would you prefer to do this on? I think Sat would be the best because it has the least activities (IIRC).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, October 23, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

I would be up for BtB on one of the days, at least for 8 hours or so. Where would we get the plexiglass though?

 
At 7:32 PM, October 23, 2007, Blogger Carlos said...

Rob, I know that you are out of town but I will be trying to get a game of EE together soon. I need to prepare myself for Asia Engulfed. I guess we need to devote at least as much time as TI3.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home