Monday, October 15, 2007

My games needs played

So, now that the math trade is over, I've got new games that need to be played.

Die Kutschfahrt zur Teufelsburg is the most novel. Sort of a Cross between Werewolf and Shadows Over Camelot. The players (3-10, but probably 6-8 is best) are put into two teams. You have to identify your team-mates and gather the objects you need to win. However, there's no communication -- players can only identify each other by actions. You can trade objects back and forth (and trading usually provides a bonus, but your trade partner can refuse the trade), and you can attack people. If you win an attack (either as attacker or defender) you can steal an object or find out which team your victim is on.

Could be good, could be bad, but definitely looks interesting.

I also got Francis Tresham's Revolution: The Dutch Revolt 1568-1648. (I'm a sucker for games that deal with the Reformation, apparently). This is a luckless game for 2-5 players. In some ways it's reminiscent of Civ (in particular the fact that tokens serve as money and people, and the fact that there's no luck), but this strikes me as not quite as elegant (each turn has 20 phases, although you can skip some as needed). The game also only has 5 turns (plus an abbreviated turn 0). A longer title, but one I'd like to try.


I also picked up Power Grid Atolla Modulus.

Anyway, what do you want to get to the table?

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, October 15, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

The first one sounds especially intriguing to me. But I'm interested in both.

 
At 1:54 PM, October 16, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Interesting... where/how can you get a hold of 'Atilla the Module'? It seems pretty darn cool.

 
At 1:57 PM, October 16, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

Kutschfahrt has intrigued me since I first heard about it months ago. I want to play it and PowerGrid: Atolla Modulis. I need to find out whether I'm gonna have to invest mulitple ink cartridges in such a massive Print and Play project.

Our copy of Hansa still hasn't seen more than two players at once, and I want to play Maharaja: Palace Building in India again. I'm ready to play Race for the Galaxy, too.

And then there's the games I *always* want to play: Magic, PowerGrid (with any map), Princes of Florence, Ra, Keythedral, and No Thanks!.

I am deeply saddened to hear that we have gone through all the Smarty Party cards. I'm currently working on a project that will hopefully scratch the Smarty Party itch.

 
At 4:38 PM, October 16, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

Atolla Modulus is Print and Play, but I traded for (two) copies that were nicely mounted (and, in case, boxed).

 
At 6:18 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger scott said...

is anything going on this Saturday? I am probably up for something for a good part of the day. If all else fails meeting at DL?

 
At 8:00 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

I can probably game on Saturday, although I don't think I can host...

 
At 9:32 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger scott said...

I can't host either for a host of reasons including but not limited to my guess that folks would not want to come all the way out to Boerne. I have an 8:30 board meeting but that should still have me available by 10 and possibly sooner.

 
At 8:24 AM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

Actually, I am able to host tomorrow, if people are interested. We'll start at 9am.

 
At 4:58 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger scott said...

I am a 98% likely and should be able to show up around 9:45.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home