Friday, October 12, 2007

Dear Board Game Publishers....

/Rant On

I will gladly pay an extra $10 per game to have factory workers apply stickers to blocks and other game components.... I just spent the past hour with Napoleon's Triumph and C&C: Ancients, gingerly applying stickers to pieces. Its a whole new kind of high pucker factor board gaming fun! At times like this I truly begin to appreciate Hasbro, Days of Wonder, and Fantasy Flight Games, who I'm sure use well paid workers in the most comfortable of working conditions to lovingly apply the stickers for their American brethren.

/Rant Off

Whew.... better now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, October 13, 2007, Blogger Carlos said...

C&C took be at least two or three (four?) good sessions to apply the sticker. I hav enot seen a Day's of Wonder Game that had as many as did C&C:Ancients. I have not seen the Napoleon game.

I would be happy to help you break in C&C in a game or two. We can write it off for quality checking.

As for your statment about paying extra, I guess we will all see how serious any of us will be about paying extra if we decide to dish out the extra $$ for the WoR Deluxe edition, if it really does come out!

 
At 6:33 PM, October 13, 2007, Blogger Mark said...

Boy am I with you on this! It's amazing how stressful putting little stickers on wood blocks can be. Lately I've started adding that to my list of things to consider before buying a new game.

 
At 4:42 AM, October 14, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. I've always considered putting stickers on wooden blocks fun and stress relieving. But then, I don't have many games that have required this.

But punching out titles is definitely good times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home