Friday, October 19, 2007

Saturday and a quick summary

Reminder -- Saturday is at Casa de Bankler. RSVP in the comments if you are coming and didn't already drop me a note.

Dennis, Michael, Jon and I played 7 Ages today. (Technically, we played "2 Ages and change.") Who squeeked out the win through shenanigans isn't important. What is important is that:
  • The Romans managed to survive two rebellions, an earthquake, several floods, the Normans, Carthaginians, Syracusians, Frankhs (Poor Frankhs!) and several other nations.
  • The universally acclaimed language of art and scholarship? Gaelic.
  • The T'Ang dynasty appeared so briefly that even Bill Clinton couldn't find it. [1]
  • The Great Wall was originally built in Mexico. It later disappeared and was then discovered by a stunned Cato the Elder, who declaimed "Eram ut parietis hic heri?" [2]
  • The Huns drove the Japanese out of China, then decimated the Tamil in India. And the aformentioned T'Ang.
Anyway, I've put a review of 7 Ages on my blog. The four of us thought that it would be nice to try this with a few more people (it can handle up to seven). I think that five may be the sweet spot, personally (3 empires per person. Two seems a bit ... constraining). But I'd be happy to try 6 or 7 players. Perhaps over the holidays.

Oh, and here's a note about the last time we played it ... I think I'm going to start tagging posts with the games involved.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

[1] "Hello, is this President Clinton? Good. I figured if anyone knew where to get some tang it would be you." -- Homer Simpson

[2] "Was this wall here yesterday?"

 
At 9:41 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Ted said...

Sounds like fun. Sorry I missed it.

 
At 9:47 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

We also played again later that year in August.

We played in May and then August of 2006 and then not again until October of 2007? That is sick. I believe that everyone who has played this has enjoyed it.

 
At 8:59 AM, October 20, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

Well, I played in April this year, too.

And I forgot about the Buddhist Assassins. The only religious empire in the history of the world, fat lot of good it did them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home