Monday, May 07, 2007

Confessions of a SW geek....and a previous philatelic... (cough)...


I have to admit it. I 'dabbled' a bit in philatelics when I was a young pup (spurred mostly by the "stamp collecting" merit badge). It was a very short-lived hobby, but I still keep those stamps somewhere in my house to this day.

Anyway, being also a Star Wards freak, I thought it was kinda cool to see this on the USPS.com website. I may...have....to get some.... The force to resist is not in me.
Good way to introduce a price hike on stamps.

8 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, May 07, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

Philatelic? I was sure you were about to confess something disgusting.

Yeah, putting Vader on a stamp is absolutely the best way to minimize my grumbling about the hike. Well, putting Green Lantern on a stamp would be better, but GL has already been on a stamp.

 
At 3:47 PM, May 07, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Well, now I have the perspective of being part of more interactive hobbies (golfing, boardgaming, computer gaming, etc) making philatelics as fun as watching paint dry.

Plus....somehow it just seems geekier.

 
At 5:49 PM, May 07, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

This is too cool. I voted for Yoda today! Hooray! He's in first place. I think I'll vote for Vader tomorrow though...

 
At 8:40 PM, May 07, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Star Wars Original Trilogy Risk, anyone?

 
At 7:38 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

I couldn't help it... I voted for Yoda again today.

 
At 10:30 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

hehehe

I will too.

 
At 7:55 AM, May 09, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

Can someone explain to me how the Emperor is losing to Threepio?

 
At 8:15 AM, May 09, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

My original vote went to "The Duel" though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home