Monday, April 30, 2007

Columbia's EastFront and EastFront 2

Columbia’s EastFront is one of my favorite WWII board games. There are many reasons that I think that this game “Works”, and I have played it at least a dozen times. Right now I think the War of the Ring is one of our favorite 2 player games within our group, but EastFront might also be a good one to add to our repertoire. Probably one negative that I have against the game is that to play out the entire war in the east would take quite a while. The game actually has an effective method of scoring victory every six months of game time.

I have not had the chance to look into EastFront 2, but would very much like to some time. If someone (Ted?) is up for a game, I would be all for it. I may have to wait until after May, though. The last month of the school year is always a busy one.

Any thought on EastFront 2?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

You can count on me if I'm still around.

 
At 8:13 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Ted said...

I am very interested in getting EF to the table.

From what I've read, EFII is primarily a cosmetic change to EF. No significant rules have changed, although there might be some tweaks here and there.

Funny thing is that right now I seem to have an easier time getting multi-players to the table than 2 players.

I'll read up on the rules and do a little solo over May so that by June I'm ready to go. Of course my own schedule will get strange in June when Henry emerges.

 
At 10:03 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Sprout = Henry... I like the new name better. Congrats again man, if I'm not around when he arrives.

Oh, Carlos I didn't answer your question. I agree with Ted. EF2 just 'irons things out'. As most succesful games that get a second print run, they've taken care of some old errata (and added some new errata unfortunately), made the maps nicer, etc etc. I don't think the core rules have changed at all.

 
At 10:05 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

I have played EF2 with Rob about 4-5 times, and I love the game so far.

EF2 does include some more blocks than EF, so some of the scenarios are a little bit bigger and there are some rule tweaks. I do not think it is that much of a change from EF from what I have read.

 
At 10:19 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Ted said...

I have played EF2 with Rob about 4-5 times

Gee, that's funny, I don't recall the session reports. I guess they got lost? Maybe y'all should contact the web master.

Maybe you could post abbreviated session reports while we wait?

 
At 10:32 AM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Ted: LOL

and here is one report of the experience (not much of a session report) with a picture taken with my cel. We were playing at my place....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home