Monday, November 06, 2006

Random Thoughts on Board Games and Video Games

For France, Video Games Are as Artful as Cinema - New York Times

I wonder if they do the same thing for board game designers.... Still, pretty cool.

Lately, since real world has constrained my board game playing, I've been playing a bit more PC games, and now Michael prompted me to start seriously thinking about Final Fantasy 12... After a few months of PBEMing, I've reached the conclusion many of you immediately reached immediately: its pretty boring. I now realize, at least to me, board games are at their root a social experience. One thing I can say about playing board games on the PC is that its a good way to master the rules and decide if a game is worth buying.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

This is very true. Ra on BSW for instance is fun and works very well, but nothing compares to the fun of playing with the great people of SABG. I particularly enjoy witnessing firsthand the emotional peaks and valleys some of our members go through in the course of a gaming experience.

 
At 2:54 PM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Beowulf + Me = valley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home