Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's better than good, it's log...10/30 report


As always, many hours of fun were had yesterday. I could have started even earlier, but was tired/dazed from my Sunday overnight shift.

I played:
1. Acquire: Have played about 7 times in the past, but never with true true gamers (just one 'true' before). It was a VERY different game. I used a different strategy by accident, and inched my way to second place with Jon close in third. Michael, the master card counter/stock tracker, far ahead in first.

2. Scepter of Zavandor: MUCH more enjoyable on my second time around. Definitively on my wishlist. Good brain burner.

3. T+E: Always a hit in my book.

4. Vegas Showdown: Growing on me.

5. Betrayal at house on the hill: Surprisingly close game, with Michael the invisble 6 yr old traitor (SHOCKER), winning a last bloody battle with Al. This made me want to play Arkham.

6. Boomtown: Messy, but enjoyable.

There was also Football Taktik and Attika (Brian and Jon)...

Left wanting to play: Vinci, Arkham, East Front (next Monday, Ted), Hey That's my Fish, etc. So many games, so little time.

6 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

It was a great game of Betrayal. Once Michael was revealed as the invisible traitor, some one (me?) suggested we split up to search for items. Some one else (Rob?) said "Yeah, cuz that always works so great in horror movies." In the end we did split up, and Michael was able to take us down one at a time. It felt extremely suspenseful and the four of us never knew who would get attacked next or where he was.

Boomtown was a lot of fun, too.

Good times.

 
At 1:28 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

After watching and listening to the play Brian and Jon play Football Tactics, I think the question how many rules did we get wrong when we played it is the wrong one to ask. It would be much easier to just go with how many did we get right. (Hint: not many)

Chad got robbed when we played Betrayal at Jeffs. His traitor was so lame.

I'm pretty much now convinced that is very difficult to do the druid thing if you are not the druid.

We should adopt a formal policy of no covariance matrices allowed at our gatherings.

Brian, Jon and I played something else. It was an Alan Moon game, it was very Alan Moonish, and I got my typical Alan Moon game result (not a winner). The name was in German and maybe one of the others can fill in the gaps.

Also, Jon and I played a riveting game of Polarity. At some point a disc I was trying to put down snapped another into my hand (a bad thing). I was obviously frustrated so I said "son of a" (nothing else thank you very much just son of a) and whipped my hand in an "aw shucks" gesture. Unfortunately I was holding the two pieces I had just snapped together in my hand but only really holding the one I had been trying to place. So the other one whipped off into the window. To the untrained eye, that might have looked like I threw the piece as hard as I could against the window, but to the eye that has brains, my explanation is clearly what happened.

 
At 1:39 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

I said TWICE that we shouldn't split up NOR should we have been exploring more rooms which would give treacherous Mike more rooms to move around in. But the lure of hidden valuable treasure and powerful items in 'unexplored' rooms, was too strong for the feeble-minded.

 
At 1:40 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Now I'm curious,...what was Chad's traitor's ability/mission?

 
At 4:27 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

The acusation of "math geek" is usually in-coming, and the chance to make it out-going to Michael was more than I could resist. I concur, though, that we should have a strict "no covariance matrix" policy.

Chad was in control of 4 or 5 zombies who wanted to kill us. We needed to trap them in specific rooms. Several of the rooms were on the board, and we rapidly found the others. They were all clustered together, and we had a lot of items. We were able to quickly lure the zombies the target rooms.

Only problem w/ your strategy, Rob, is that it didn't leave us with anything active to do. Wait till we get attacked, then react. Splitting up may have been a bad move, but finding the skull and board were helpful, IMO.

 
At 7:28 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

My review of Fussball Taktik is
here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home