Monday, December 05, 2005

Stuffing Your Own Stocking This Year?


Christmas time is fast approaching and what with hundreds of dollars walking out of your bank account in the name of gift-giving, isn't it time you got yourself a lil' somethin'-somethin'?

Give into Mr. Smith's 'Invisible Hand' and tell us what all you've got ready to burn a hole through your pocket this month. I know I'm eager as hell to cash in on the new Fury of Dracula reprint (especially now that I know I'll have more than a meager two other people to play it with). I've also got the new Deluxe Version of LotR: Confrontation to look foward to since I've been holding out on getting the old one because of it. -Oh and I've been holding out for quite a while... Release dates for boardgames are as frivolous as Kanji stickers on Hondas (Sure they might be a good idea at first, but in the end they serve no purpose and kind of make the person who slapped 'em on look like a retard). Sid Meier's Pirates anyone?


There's also the new Doom expansion coming out. People seem to be a bit opinionated on this game, but I loves me some shotgun fun with zombies. I'm also looking foward to painting another 3 billion minatures to add to my already less than completed base set. That's the last time ever commit to a project like that again. But honestly I'd like to know what that meeting was like with the production plastic people; when they decided to go ahead and use eye-bleeding neon coloring for the sculpts. Brilliant.

Of course let's also not forget about PitchCar making it to the states once again with obligatory action pack. I'd also be bereft not to mention other December release goodies like Reef Encounter, World of Warcraft, a metric ton of Runebound expansions, the now infamous Caylus, and a possible Britannia reprint (although I won't be holding my breath).

So come on people, what's it gonna' be?

Happy Holidays, Simon W.

4 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

A blog post after my own heart! I couldn't resist taking advantage of Cardhaus' 10% off plus free shipping an no tax, which lowered the prices to what has to be actual cost for them... so, I did a massive Christmas pre-order of the following:

1. All the upcoming Runebound expansions
2. Doom and the Doom Expansion
3. Fury of Dracula
4. War of the Ring Expansion
5. Bang and all of its expansions
6. Modern Art

Hooray! The package (30 pounds) probably won't ship to me until sometime in January when they all arrive in stock, but sugarplums are still dancing in my head! LOTR Confrontation Deluxe wasn't yet available for pre-order unfortunately...

 
At 3:07 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Simon said...

LotR: Confrontation Deluxe has the base game plus extra crap, but the main reason i wanted it was just for visual aesthetics. The new art and playing pieces are really phenomenal over the rather lame original work (I don't know if that was Howe, but if it was - he's had better days).

I think its no secret that I'm more of what people casually refer to as an ameri-trash gamer. I like themes and visuals just as much as gameplay (que Doom / Heroscape reference).

Ben, I totally know what you're talking 'bout with CardHaus. That deal was ridiculous and I took full advantage. Not near to the degree you did, good God man, but I just don't got that kind of cash. I do recall desperately emailing them to put LotR: Confrontation Deluxe up for pre-order so I could tack it on. I believe I even got my girlfriend and Jon to email them on my behalf as well to no avail.

-And no I don't think that's sort of pathetic.*



*Ok, maybe just a little...

 
At 3:24 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Simon said...

So Fury of Dracula, and LotR: Confrontation Deluxe got pushed back to January now...

 
At 10:42 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

Me? Yes, some are repeated but they are:

1. Confrontation deluxe
2. Caylus
3. Conquest of the Empire
4. Wallenstein (reprint...although probably by mid 2006).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home