Monday, May 31, 2010

Around the Town

Some items, in no particular order:
  • I have a new pile of Bridge Books (Thanks, Fred, for the heads up). This includes ~30 beginner's books. Some are standard "Bridge in a few hours" types. Many of them are British or Old (which teach slightly different/archaic bidding systems, but are otherwise fine). These are free to a good home. Some of them are actually good (deep) beginner's books that cover one aspect in detail (Bidding, Declarer Play or Defensive Play). I'd be happy to float these around for extended loans.
  • Do you have any summer gaming resolutions? I do. I've actually been getting more and more of my collection played (and rotating through the not-recently played games at a reasonable clip).
  • Thanks to Rob for Hosting, and also for confirming something I learned in Graduate School (Doctors performing math is a terrifying sight).
  • Thanks to Anne for buying Greed (so I don't have to).

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, May 31, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

Doctors and math... this is true. Eventhough I love economic games, they are not my forte.

But if you refer to what from now on shall be referred to as The Pizza Incident, it was not a math issue. It was an issue of overconfidence in my fellow gamers, by not bothering to keep track of who gave me how much. That's how somehow we ended up with less money than actual people who paid. I still think there were $5 that disappeared into a parallel universe or something.

Hosting was a success. It shall be repeated in the near future.

 
At 11:18 AM, May 31, 2010, Blogger Anne said...

I think someone got two 10s for a five, somehow. That or one of us will find 10 bucks in one of our game boxes months from now.

Thanks again for hosting, Rob!

I look forward to having another go at Greed, Inc. :D

 
At 1:39 PM, May 31, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

Oh, and there's finally a math trade that seems worthwhile...

 
At 3:31 PM, May 31, 2010, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

I have the club and diamond series of the ACBL beginner books; if part of your hoard is the other two, I'd love to grab those.

 
At 9:54 PM, May 31, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

Sadly, no. On the other hand, those may be at the library near your house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home