Tuesday, January 12, 2010

[SAVG] Just when I thought I was done


I was listening to the PC Gamer podcast today on my way to work.... bad idea. Just when I thought I was about done with Dragon Age, and I could move on to other less spare-time-consuming hobby-time-depleting games, here comes the first mega expansion.... Dragon Age: Awakening. I'm sold. Now I have less than 2 months to finish the base game.

Thankfully Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 won't be out for a while. But Mass Effect 2, and Bioshock 2 are on the horizon... And Assassin's Creed 2 is frowning on the corner waiting for me to pay some attention to it. And I just started to paint my SH figures the hard way, not the Jon way, unfortunately because it takes 10 times as longer (but look awesome).

I think we need to officially add an extra day to weekends. 2 day weekends are not enough.

8 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, January 12, 2010, Blogger Anne said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to the DA expansion. I'm on my second go round with DA as a Rogue. The first time as a mage was fun, but backstabbing is more entertaining.

 
At 1:40 PM, January 12, 2010, Blogger Fred said...

I'll definitely be picking that one up.

I went through the first time as a dual wielding rogue. Backstabs with the assassin skillset are huge.

I might try a second time as an arcane warrior.

 
At 5:45 PM, January 12, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

I have a dual-wielding duelist rogue city-elf. I tried to not kill the guy that would have trained me to be an assassin, but couldn't help myself. Backstabbing or switching to duelist mode going full frontal is no trouble at all (his dexterity is so high that I can practically wear toiletpaper armor, and he'd do ok).

 
At 6:48 PM, January 12, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

Alright... I'll be downloading the game this weekend. I'm tempted to do my standard dwarf warrior, but I've heard mages are kind of rare in the game, so it might make sense to be one.

 
At 9:38 AM, January 13, 2010, Blogger Fred said...

Ben: The mages you recruit are fine, as long as you can deal with their judgmentalism (the "black mage" is not going to like it whenever you're nice, and the "white mage" is the opposite; if you keep them in the same party you're going to get a lot of arguments). You get one of the mages almost immediately.

Rob: But the assassin has the best dialogue!

 
At 11:52 AM, January 13, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

Well Fred....fine. The truth is that I was trying to win Morrigan over. She was very annoyed when I didn't kill the assassin, so my fickle elf had to redo that part by killing him instead. He just HAD TO have her like him.

Oh, and does she like him now. :) (She's got all her bonuses maxed out for liking my character, which is great bc she is awesome).

 
At 5:59 PM, January 13, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

I so need to get this game. Dragon Age that is.

 
At 5:59 PM, January 13, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

I so need to get this game. Dragon Age that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home