Friday, August 28, 2009

"Good omen have been more than confirmed."


Every now and then, we just need to nudge certain pictures or videos a bit further down the page...just to make loading this page in the browser a little less jarring. (Disclaimer: I'm sure Dean Stockwell is a very nice man whose family loves him very much.)

My work here is done. You can thank me later.

Anyway, this is from an XB Live Arcade game called Shadow Complex. It's downloadable for $15 and easily worth twice that. Read the first six reviews and see if you can still resist. But my favorite review is the seventh on the list, from some website called Game Vandal. I think all my base are belong to them.

Another game getting pretty strong reviews is Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's a tad more expensive, so I haven't played it yet, but one review called it "This year's Bioshock," so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I get it.

Oh, and after debating back and forth about my work obligations and when to get them done, I've decided to have people over for gaming tomorrow at 9am. I know a few people have evening obligations (UFC fights, concerts in Gruene, Cowboys preseason football, etc.) but I'm sure we can get some stuff played before then to tide us over until Monday.

Good omen have been more than confirmed.

8 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, August 28, 2009, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

I'm actually skipping UFC 102, since there's only one interesting fight and the main event participants have a combined age of 79. So I'm in for the long haul.

 
At 7:44 PM, August 28, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

Those do look like good games. The game I'm thinking of trying is Dominions 3 for the PC. Has anyone played it? Its a fantasy 4X game, ala' FFH2 sort of...

 
At 11:17 PM, August 28, 2009, Blogger Rob said...

Shadow COmplex is da bomb.

 
At 9:21 AM, August 29, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I should be there after my work obligations

 
At 10:26 AM, August 29, 2009, Blogger Anne said...

Bah, have plans today. One of these weekends I'll be able to make it. :)

 
At 11:16 AM, August 29, 2009, Blogger scott said...

Out; hopefully Monday.

 
At 3:08 PM, August 29, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

I put a BSG balance poll on BGG.

 
At 11:11 PM, August 30, 2009, Blogger seanp said...

Shadow Complex is remarkably good for an indie game. I've also been enjoying Trials HD, and my kids love the spectacular crashes in that one... nothing like flying through the air for 50 yards just to land on a small explosive.

The Batman demo lets you play a significant amount of time, and it's pretty amazing -- I think I'll definitely be considering this one. Between this, Beatles Rock Band, and Blood Bowl, I might not have any cash for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home