Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Joys of Home Ownership

So I got home from my vacation to discover several gifts awaiting me. First, my car has a tire that won't hold air for more than a day or so. Second, my shower has a constant leak from behind the tile and masonry. And Mr. Black still needs a trip to the vet for his hind leg.

Unfortunately, when you have full days of appointments or surgeries scheduled at work usually weeks in advance, you can't really just take a day off to handle this kind of stuff. So, I'm trying to swing a fair amount of this stuff before and after work on Friday, and then have the plumber come over on Saturday to take down the shower wall and locate and fix the leak. This means no gaming for me on Saturday. I hopefully can have people over on Sunday, though, if there's interest (and no additional plumbing); say, maybe, 10am-4pm?

6 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, May 06, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

Sunday is Mothers day.

If there is a call for saturday gaming I could host ...

 
At 4:04 PM, May 06, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday is Mother's day.Ouch, that's right.

It's just not in the cards for me. I'm out of town again next weekend, then working the weekend after that. Well, I can't leave town this weekend to see my mom (I'm on pager call), so I'll likely just be putzing around on Sunday, scratching my head and surveying the damage (visible and financial) from my shower misfortune, so I'll keep the invite open for now. People are free to chime in and voice support for either (or both) of the options.

 
At 8:03 PM, May 06, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Given that my mother is in town, I think that gaming this weekend is a no go. However, other weekends Sat or Sunday gaming is a good thing.

 
At 9:17 PM, May 06, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

First Mother's Day with the new baby... Nope. I'd be toast. Plus, I've been gone for two weeks, so I'm looking forward to some family time.... though the Baby has now mastered the art of creating diapers worthy of Mordor.

If it cheers you up any, your Brute just totally stomped mine to a pulp! I'm having much more luck picking on wee little Rcub3 and GoodJon.

Hey, my dormant WoW account was apparently hacked according to Blizzard. I suspect the evil Chinese. I'm sure my poor lost characters are now running around Azeroth naked. Oh well...

Alright... back to work.

 
At 10:19 PM, May 06, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, sounds like Sunday is likely a no go. Then let's pass on Sunday so no one gets in trouble and we'll do it another time.

 
At 10:56 PM, May 06, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

No gaming is sadness, but understandable.

And I just realized that you said you poor cat was needing to see the vet. And what did Mr. Black to to his leg? I am so out of things these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home