Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Monday with teh awesome


Let's see ... at various points we had Me, Chris, Sean, Scott, Tiffany, Jeff and Roy. Dennis was at his "I could totally blow this off and you couldn't do jack about it" dinner, which was probably for the best. No doubt the discovery of Jon will make gruesome national news eventually. But seven was a good turnout. Make do with what you've got.

At one point, we had six people, but I'll just leave that hanging in the air, so as not to annoy.

Among the other games played:
  • Air Baron -- I like this, but having London (worth $40) drawn 4 times helps. I don't think I'd suggest this with less than four, though.
  • Agricola -- Sean and Tiffany, with some help from the Greys.
  • Masquerade -- Much better with 4 than 3. Hoping to play again, still.
  • Pandemic -- I'm not sure who won, but I don't think humanity did.
  • Race for the Galaxy -- I got a pimped out mining league, with racing stripes, which let me pull away from the Alien Tech Institute's lowrider.
  • Ticket to Ride 1910 -- Sean and I used the 2nd tiebreak. (Did you know TTR has multiple tiebreakers?) Four players instantly started in the mid-atlantic/new england/canada corridor. Much cursing.
The discount table was at 75%, but at the beginning of the night there were still a few good games. At the end of the night I decided to use my upcoming plane ticket to arbitrage those bad boys. Rum and Pirates is still there, though, and some people like it. (Ditto California).

There's loose talk of super-secret bonus gaming Weds night at the Drury Hotel (near the airport) where Roy is staying. But it's super-secret.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger seanp said...

Don't forget Mississippi Queen -- steamboats race down the Mississippi, jostling and ramming for position, while still trying to pick up passengers. I'm already working on the even more interactive expansion, Steamboat Pirates of the Mississippi...

 
At 3:01 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Humanity did win at Pandemic, actually. for now.

 
At 4:54 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger seanp said...

Oh yeah - with 3 black cubes to spare!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home