Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rock Band Merchandise


Nothing really to do with board games, but...

...did you know you can make pictures with your Rock Band character or entire band and turn them into wallpaper for your computer?

Or stickers? Or T-shirts?

Or 6" figurines? (Oh my god, that figure is ME! Too bad he still can't play guitar very well.) That's pretty neat. A total waste of time, but pretty neat.

I knew they can make figurines for World of Warcraft avatars and they appear to turn out pretty nice. I think they do it with 3D printing, which I remember being touted as having medical applications at one point (turning a CT scan of a brain with a lesion into a 3D model that can be handled before surgery, for example). Now it looks like they do it with Rock Band characters, which is just as important.

Time to go out and buy your aaaa T-shirt, Jon.

Edit: Fine--requisite board gaming blurb. I got my M'44 Campaign Book. It's GREAT. Two words--linked campaigns. And it matters whether you win or lose as to how the next one plays out. Extra cards, new rules--they really went above and beyond on this one.

I reinstalled Company of Heroes on my new computer (it's the game that literally fried my old motherboard due to its demanding graphics and sent my old desktop to an early grave--call me a glutton for punishment). I logged on to the online area to download patches--and I'm banned there, too. I'm a cyberspace outlaw, I guess.

3 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, March 10, 2009, Blogger scott said...

I learned M'44 last night so I would be up to try out some of the campaigns with you

 
At 8:39 PM, March 10, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

WTF... banned there too?? Someone really did a number on you. You need to run a credit report...

I'm ready to play Company of Heroes as well. Maybe we can play through some other form of connection?

 
At 10:40 PM, March 10, 2009, Blogger Rob said...

I have CoH expansio, but only played a few missions. Should reinstall.... but not before I finish the new computer I'm building

Currently playing Defense Grid: The Awakening. Cool and addictive implementation of the classic "tower defense" games. Must get Empire Total War!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home