Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Session Report or how Tiffany finally got to play some Euros

So despite the best intentions to get to DL early -- for me at least -- I arrive at about 6. And look at the clearance section, and acquire a new game from Ben, who was playing Neuroshima Hex with Chris.

Al, Scott and I end up playing Cheeky Monkey to pass the time (Knizia, you really need to re-think some of these game themes. Just saying). Then I realized that I was far far far hungrier than I thought I was, and ran away to get some food. Wingstop for the win. When I got back, Al, Scott, Sean, Travis and Chris were playing Jericho. And I ate my food. Nummy food.

They finished up, and we were trying to decide what would play six (for shame, no BSG???? (I really was OK with that one)) and jeff arrived. So we split. Chris headed off, Sean, Travis, Jeff and myself played Amyitis, and Al and Scott played something else. Memoir 44 maybe?

I am pleased with my new game. Though it took about 2.5 hours I guess, since we were all learning how to play. There is one rule that we were not playing correctly, but that does not change the fact that I like the mechanics of the game. There is a lot going on. Very much a resource management to score VP kind of game.

Then Jeff left, and Travis, Sean and I played a quick game of Wasabi. Which is another game I like. And need to play more often. So I will be brining that to table more, I hope, as well.

There was some discussion of week time gaming, some purchases from the table of clearance, and a game trade. All in all, it was a good night.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, March 10, 2009, Blogger scott said...

Yes Memoir 44 was played and learned and it was good.

 
At 8:16 PM, March 10, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

Sorry I missed out on some Memoir '44, but Neuroshima Hex was as fun as I remember.

It was nice to actually hold a copy of Age of Conan in my greedy little fingers, but rather than pay $80 at DL, I'm waiting for my $51 copy to arrive later this week. I think its time to Netflix the Governator so as to get in the proper mood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home