Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Session Report in Brief

Tribune fun as usual. Brian was the only one to satisfy victory conditions this time. Silly tribune requirement.

Power Grid China Map -- challenging. Just when i think I am getting the hang of power grid, I am throw at a map that is harder to handle that anticipated. Though for all that we moaned and groaned it was a fairly close game. Even if the connection costs were high and the resources pricey and scarce to start with.

Yay Agricola. As per usual the first game that i play I forget how to play. Too bad Sean and I only played one game.

And then we left, and I came to work, finished what i needed and now I go home and get some much needed sleep.

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, November 06, 2008, Blogger scott said...

Are there any plans in the works for this Saturday? It appears that I will have a green light from the spouse to attend but not to host.

 
At 8:05 PM, November 06, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Random thoughts....

Probably be a few weeks at least before I'm board gaming again. Right now we're running on massive sleep deprivation. Thank goodness I live 0.5 miles from a Starbucks. Baby raising is fun.

World at War on XBL is more fun than I thought it would be. The game seems to be essentially a WW2 mod of CoD4, with driveable vehicles and some weirdness like attack dogs roaming around the battlefield. Perhaps they're a weapon upgrade? Anyway, the developers preserved the skill upgrade system from CoD4, which gave multiplayer grinding a purpose. I like it so far.

Fallout 3 is good, but I miss the old turn-based combat. I enjoyed Oblivion quite a bit, but Fallout 3 got rid of several annoying games from its ancestor, most notably being the speech-game mechanic every time you spoke to someone. My favorite weapon so far: The Ripper, essentially a Warhammer 40K-style chain sword.

I really like Dominion on BSW, but I wonder if its going to be significantly less fun playing the physical game with all the card shuffling, sorting, etc.

SW Clone Wars on Cartoon Network seems to be improving a bit, or perhaps I'm conditioning myself better to ignore the stupid robot comic relief. It does seem a tad creepy having the show portray the clones as the super goody good guys, when in reality they're just waiting to murder everyone in the room.

I finally watch the new Indiana Jones flick last night. WTF, Lucas? First Star Wars, now this.

Okay, that's enough hijacking for now.

 
At 8:07 PM, November 06, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Oh... I just re-read my post... yikes! I actually did mean baby raising IS fun. :) No sarcasm intended. Whew...

 
At 9:22 PM, November 06, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Okay, they just sold me on the game:

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/159

Zombie bonus mode in CoD: World at War.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home