Monday, October 27, 2008

Some days should be erased from memory

Today started out well. I took the yummy blueberry muffins that I had baked, and picked Michael up, and drove to the casa de Chris for some lovely Sunday boardgaming. I had planned on leaving gaming, going into work, getting stuff done, and preparing for my meeting with the boss tomorrow, and then top that off by working on my grant proposal. But that was not to be.

When we arrived, Chris and Dennis were there, so there was some rock banding that occurred, and then some lunch (not pizza for a change. We had nummy burgers and macaroni salad and apple pie. Quite good). Then there was some football watching. The Dallas game went a lot better this time, though the Saints/Chargers game seemed to draw more reaction from the crowd.

During half time, Chris and I split to play Agricola, while Michael, Jon (who arrived during football/lunch) and Dennis played Rock Band. I am getting better, at least in the two player against Chris, and being able to be a consistent 40 something point wise. Which is good. Don't know how this will hold up in a multi player. With more vicious people.

Then the football game ended and Dennis suggested that we play Talisman. With some variations/rule fixes that came with the new edition. Something about taking fatigue points to -/+ the die roll by one on movement and picking who you want to kill when you are inthe center place of doom instead of rolling to see if you hit. Which is why, despite me being a wicked awesome troll of doom with Michael ever so gleefully killed me off. I suppose that is what happens when you are as threatening as I am. So then there was the end of the game. And more rock band playing.

And Chris and I played more Agricola. 2 more games.

And then i told the band that they needed to wrap it up so I could take Michael home and head to work. And so we wrapped it up. Packed up and left. To find out my car wouldn't turn on. Yay!!!!!! Broken Honda Civic! So we tried to jump it with Chris's car. But then decided that Dennis's Honda was better. And so we jumped it. And it turned on. Yay!!!!!!. So we unhooked everything, and since it was getting dark I tired to turn on the lights. And it dies. Boo!!!! And we tried to jump it again. And we were epic fail. Epic. And so, Dennis left, and we called AAA to come to the rescue.

And about an hour and half later they show up.

And taught us how to properly jump a car.

1) Hook up cars according to instructions.
2) Turn on dead battery car's lights. If lights are not on, you do not have a proper circuit and the car is not grounded properly
3) Turn on the car that is being jumped
4) Victory

additional information

if you have a civic, there is this nice little indicator light on the battery of battery cell health. It should be green. Mine was non existence. Deader than a doornail. So my poor little civic, running on alternator power, since the battery was dead, limped home and 1604. and now sits dead outside. But we are getting a new battery for her in the morning. And installing it. I might beg help from the apartment complex office manager. Since he knows how to do these things. And I don't.

But thanks to all who helped tonight in the car saga o Tiffany.

Needless to say, I will not be there Monday night. I have a lot of work to catch up on.

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, October 27, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

How many geeks does it take to change a car battery?

Whatever you do, don't ever hook the plus and minus terminals up to the opposite connectors in the car unless you want to lobotomize said conveyance. I might be speaking from experience long ago in a beat up used car far, far away.

 
At 7:05 PM, October 27, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

So according to this morning, the answer would be 6.

Although, I guess some participants geekdom could be questionable.

It is at least 2.

 
At 9:18 PM, October 27, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed. I am still amused that I was the only one with the proper tools to change the battery. But you know what? It works now. Which is all that matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home