Wednesday, October 22, 2008

GMT Rocks

Today saw a slew of great announcements from one of my favorite game companies, GMT Games

GMT added Washington's War, the re-make of We the People to their P500 list.  Now I can stop searching in vain for the fabled thrift store with an in-shrink, mint copy sealed under glass for $5.  I expect this to rocket to 750+ orders quickly.

Next, the annual Fall sale offer arrived, complete with loyal customer sales.  Anyone who bought a game via P500 this year may buy one or two games at 50% off.   Woo hoo!  Now to figure out if I want anything besides more counter trays....

Last, GMT announced a “Tough Economy” special offer where if you have lost your job recently and remain unemployed, GMT will send you two free games of your choice.  Yowza!

In related news, my copy of Pursuit of Glory just arrived and looks very nice!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, October 22, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

I don't think I p500'd anything this year....and i don't think I want anything at 50% off (except for Pacific Typhoon).

I did notice that Normandy 44 is moving SLOWLY, and that it's MONSTER D-Day close cousin, The Battle for Normandy, already made the cut. I may have to get The Battle instead.

 
At 10:20 PM, October 22, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

BTW, I'm addicted to online Dominion. I've only played 3 games, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

It would be cool if real Dominion could shuffle itself. I can see all that shuffling being a pain in the butt.

 
At 11:36 PM, October 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob, are you getting real Dominion? I wonder if anyone here is getting it. Looks like something I'd certainly like to play.

 
At 8:07 AM, October 23, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

I already have Dominion pre-ordered from Boulder Games.

 
At 8:09 AM, October 23, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

The D-Day monster game from GMT does look low complexity, so perhaps its a friendly monster.

Anyone getting Fields of Fire, the soon to ship solitaire, squad-based infantry combat game from GMT?

 
At 5:29 PM, October 23, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

I'm getting real Dominion AND FoF.... but not from GMT

 
At 9:06 PM, October 23, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Successors at 50% off would be a steal.

 
At 7:28 AM, October 24, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

Hmmm...you are right. I forgot about that. But I don't think I had a single P500 this year.

(wink, nudge)

 
At 3:06 PM, October 25, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

I'll give you one of mine.

 
At 4:46 PM, October 25, 2008, Blogger Mark said...

My copy of Pursuit of Glory just arrived. The map looks great; the rulebook looks thick. GMT claims it uses most of the core rules from Paths of Glory so the transition is simple. I'm looking forward to playing this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home