Tuesday, October 14, 2008

end of sabbl season?

Ok, so the first question is are Brian, Dennis, Jon, or Michael interested in playing any more regular season games and within mathematical reach of 4 games over .500 in their remaining games? Based on what I have heard and not heard I think the answer to this is no. So the second question is whether Chris is interested in playing any more regular season games. I asked last night and the answer was no. If any of these folks would like to indicate that I am wrong or that they have changed their minds hopefully they can do so within the next week.
All of this is preface to what otherwise appear to be the final standings of the top 3 in the league: MarlinCubs (my team) 16-11; Sean's team 14-10; Chris' team 12-9. (I would hope this would qualify me for manager of the year or luckiest strat baseball manager for the regular season since I ran my team and the second part of Sean's team.)
So this would seem to set up the SABBL world series between my team and Sean's team with my team getting home field advantage games 1-2 and 6-7. (Interesting side note that I play in Philly stadium and Sean in Fenway; the two stadiums that were in our league and that are at least for the moment still in the running in the MLB post season; coincidence?)
I asked Sean last night and at that point he was willing to take back over the reigns of his team to play me and my team in the world series. Sean, if you have had or have a change or heart let me know.
So I am thinking/hoping this means we could start the SABBL world series Monday night? I assume a 4 man rotation because of the days of rest between games 2 and 3 and 5 and 6.
Again please let me know if you feel anything I have outlined doesn't sound right but otherwise perhaps we can put an end to this season and enjoy some final baseball. (Dennis I have Chris' team and can give it to you the next Monday you can attend.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, October 15, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

I'm done, and well below .500.

 
At 4:56 PM, October 15, 2008, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

I think I am right around .500 and consider myself done.

I guess I should find my team and give it back to Dennis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home