Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm thankful ...


That we haven't yet invented the race that will annihilate us. I speak, of course, of the Turducken. As far as I know, we've only got those in safely dead form. But as the Biologists work in their labs towards breeding a living turducken, and I fear for humanity. Tomorrow. Today I help protect humanity from wild turkeys by eating as many of them as I can find. Hopefully Tiffany, Jeff and Amy aren't playing God by mixing such tasty and dangerous DNA.

Tomorrow there will likely be morethreats to humanity. I've written my thoughts in numerous places, but I'm still eager to play again. But if I can't make tomorrow, interested parties may wish to look at some slight (and not so slight) balancing variants.I also think they make the game more interesting. (Of course, with new players probably best to play a few more straight games, but I'd be interested to hear what others think about these).

Enjoy humanity while you still can! Happy T-Day!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, November 27, 2008, Blogger Carlos said...

Cool ideas for balance, Brian. I have yet to play, but I have gone through the rules and I think I have the basics down. I'll keep your ideas in mind when I play my first few games.

 
At 11:59 AM, November 27, 2008, Blogger scott said...

Actually I was kind of hoping that Turducken the game would be coming out today but alas apparently not. Personally I would like at least two more shots at BSG before starting on variants but since different folks have different numbers of games under their belt I would certainly cheerfully play any variant.

 
At 3:49 PM, November 27, 2008, Blogger scott said...

Alternatively there is Native American Thanksgiving the Game where you try to keep the settlers from establishing a foothold but you have traitors in your midst who believe you should be nice to the poor settlers...

 
At 4:07 PM, November 28, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

Wow...one of my pics from BGG con made it to the front page

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/401313

Oh, and I think I am more with the camp that thinks "you know, the game is all about the FUN.... I don't think I would spend my energy in modifying anything". What makes the game shine for me besides the theme, is just the player interaction.

 
At 4:08 PM, November 28, 2008, Blogger scott said...

can somebody let me know what the decision is/was for Saturday? I am in assuming some non Rock Band Gaming will be on the menu. Sorry I could not make today/friday; I just got out of work at 3:30 and it just was not going to make sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home